Applying for your Initial Teaching Credential
If you have completed all credential requirements, your grades and degree (if applicable) have posted, please follow the steps listed below to be recommended for your Preliminary Credential.
Step 1: Submit all remaining program items to the Teacher Preparation Advising Center
- Multiple Subject candidates: CTC/CSU Program Completer Survey completion certificate/screenshot
- Single Subject candidates: Evaluations and CTC/CSU Program Completer Survey completion certificate/screenshot
Step 2: After your grades and degree (if applicable) have posted, fill in the Request for Recommendation form and attach any of the below applicable items.
- Any missing items (e.g. CPR, RICA, U.S. Constitution) that were highlighted on your credential evaluation and have now been completed
- Education Specialist candidates only: In addition to any missing items (e.g. CPR, RICA, U.S. Constitution), attach your CTC/CSU Program Completer Survey completion certificate/screenshot
Step 3: Application
- A CSULB Credential Analyst will deteremine if your file is complete and will submit an online credential recommendation to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- Watch for a notification email from the CTC (donotreply @ ctc.ca.gov)
- Follow the instructions in the email from the CTC directing you to complete your portion of the online application
Within approximately 10 days of completing the online application, the CTC will email you notification that your document has been granted and is available for viewing in your Educator Profile. Review your credential carefully. Contact the Credential Center ASAP if your document is incorrect, or if you have any questions.