This is a carousel with auto-rotating slides. Activate any of the buttons to disable rotation. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots.
Legal Resource Center
The Legal Resource Center has the resources you need to assist you to find the answers to your legal issues, and if requested, can arrange for a free consultation with a licensed attorney. Issues include but not limited to, the following:
- Service of a civil summons or discovery request
- Automobile accidents
- Workers compensation
- Employment matters
- Starting a business
- Tenant issues
- Legal and contract forms
- Understanding legal terms in transactions
- Intellectual Property - trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and patents
- Housing discrimination
- Expunge your Criminal Record
- Construction issues
- Small Claims and other civil matters
- Searching public records
The Legal Resource Center is also open to CSULB staff, faculty and other community stakeholder; however, CSULB Faculty and Staff can also obtain legal information by accessing the New Employee Assistance Program called LifeMatters .
The Legal Resource Center also has many volunteer opportunities for interested students in all majors.
The CSULB College of Business Legal Resource Center (LRC) is committed to assisting undergraduate and graduate students in having access to legal resources and opportunities that will further achieve their educational goals.
The CSULB College of Business Legal Resource Center (LRC) believes that all students should have access to legal resources necessary to accomplish their graduate and undergraduate educational goals. As such, the LRC values legal and ethical actions, innovative efforts and solutions to environmental challenges, resolve of injustice in the treatment of individuals, and collaborative efforts through interdisciplinary initiatives. The LRC is committed to empowering students through legal knowledge, clearing pathways to future educational endeavors and achievements.
The representatives of the College of Business Legal Resource Center can assist CSULB students with various legal issues such as:
- Trademark Registration
- Business Formation
This is not an exhaustive list. If you would like to know whether or not we can assist you with your particular case please use the contact form.
Notice: The CSULB College of Business Legal Resource Center (LRC) Does Not Provide Legal Advice And Does Not Establish Or Create A Client-Attorney Relationship or Any Representation With Any Student(s) Seeking Legal Resources.
- Current CSU or other University Students with proof of enrollment may schedule and/or receive an appointment or information. Proof of enrollment may be requested. The LRC requests all communications to be facilitated with their respective university email.
- All students must read and sign an acknowledgment of receipt of these guidelines prior to seeing an LRC representative and any other documentation required.
- The LRC is solely to assist in providing resources to assist in legal issues.
- All LRCoperations, documentation, and the personal information of those involved shall remain strictly confidential.
- The LRC has established hours but will also accommodate students upon request.
- The LRC will take appointments on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The LRC reserves the right to schedule an appointment with a student who has an imminent and time-sensitive issue.
- The LRC does not refer or assist in legal matters involving disputes between university employees, agencies, or their representatives.
- All publications or material of the LRC shall not be distributed to students unless written permission is received from a legal clinic representative.
- The LRC will not assist students who already retained an attorney for the issue you are bringing to the legal center.
- The LRC reserves the right to refuse service to any student at its sole discretion.
The College of Business Legal Resource Center will most likely be able to assist you if you meet the criteria set forth in the Guidelines.
The College of Business Legal Resource Center hours change each semester so please check the website for updates. If you are unable to get to the clinic during posted hours, please "Contact Us" for an individual appointment.
When you come in, you should be prepared. Bring any information and documents that may be pertinent to your case. Be prepared to explain the issue to one of our representatives.
After filling out the necessary paperwork, a representative will discuss with you the various options or direct you to the correct source. If you desire to speak to an attorney then we will provide you with referral information to get you in touch with other organizations that may be able to assist you. A majority of these organizations provide free legal consultations as well as pro bono or reduced fees. The College of Business Legal Resource Center is not associated with any of these organizations.
The Legal Resource Center is always looking for volunteers to assist students, perform and publish research, or any other legal interest.