Marketing Business Center and Inclusive Marketing Initiative: Digital Marketing Support Services
The Marketing Business Center (MBC) at the CSULB College of Business (COB) offers Long Beach area small businesses professional marketing services managed by COB business students and supervised by COB faculty.
The College of Business Inclusive Marketing Initiative (IMI) offers digital marketing support services to help elevate female and minority-owned small businesses within the greater Long Beach community.
Working with the Marketing Business Center and/or the Inclusive Marketing Initiative, Long Beach area small businesses receive essential ongoing marketing support services that they may not be able to afford or have the time or expertise to complete. And, COB students gain real-world practical experience working directly with business clients on actual marketing projects under the supervision of COB faculty.
The MBC and IMI digital marketing services are provided free of charge and typically include Web site design, search engine marketing, display advertising, social media marketing, and advertising, and online customer relationships management support programs such as customer database management and email marketing.
Marketing Business Center and Inclusive Marketing Initiative services are provided through the CSULB College of Business upper-division marketing courses, MKTG 437: Digital Marketing and Media I, and MKTG 487: Digital Marketing and Media II offered in the Fall and Spring semesters.
The Marketing Business Center (MBC) offers ongoing, professional marketing services to Long Beach area small businesses managed by small teams of student interns who are more experienced upper-division marketing students. MBC services are provided in the advanced digital marketing course MKTG487. Most of the small businesses in the MBC are continuing clients that receive ongoing marketing support throughout the year. Student internship teams are mentored by the College of Business marketing faculty.
Student teams in the advanced course provide clients:
- A Digital Marketing Brief – A short planning document that builds on prior marketing work and states campaign objectives, campaign activities, schedule, and performance assessments.
- Implementation and management of a wide range of professional digital marketing activities including Web site design, development and management, social media marketing, social media and display advertising campaigns, and online customer relationship management systems.
- Professional measurement systems are developed and implemented to track and assess the ongoing digital marketing efforts.
- Professional consultations are provided to clients by the experienced student teams mentored by the College of Business faculty.
- Final performance reports and presentations are offered at the end of the campaign semester. These reports include recommendations for further improvement in digital marketing activities.
The College of Business is working to elevate minority-owned businesses within the greater Long Beach community by offering free digital marketing services through the upper-division marketing course, MKTG 437: Digital Marketing and Media. As part of a semester-long project, students enrolled in this course partner with small businesses to offer digital marketing strategy and content. Learn more about the Inclusive Marketing Initiative or sign up to work with us!