Legal Resource Center
If you have any legal issues, then help is here. The Legal Resource Center has the resources you need to assist you to find the answers to these and other legal issues. Or maybe you are interested in a career in law. There are many volunteer opportunities for interested students.
- Did you get served with a summons?
- Do you want to create a dba?
- Is your landlord refusing to make a needed repair?
- Do you need a legal form?
- Received a letter and need to find the law cited in the letter?
- Want to form a business and don’t know where to start?
- Immigration status or questions
- Expunge your Criminal Record
The representatives of College of Business Legal Resource Clinic can assist CSULB students with various legal issues such as:
- Trademark Registration
- Business Formation
This is not an exhaustive list. If you would like to know whether or not we can assist you with your particular case please use the contact form.
Notice: The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic Does Not Provide Advice And Does Not Establish Or Create A Client-Attorney Relationship or Any Representation With Any CSULB Students(s) Seeking Legal Resources.
- Only current CSULB students with proof of enrollment may schedule and/or receive an appointment.
- All CSULB students must read and sign an acknowledgement of receipt of these guidelines prior to seeing a CBA Legal Information Clinic representative and any other documentations required.
- The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic is solely to assist in providing resources to assist in legal issues.
- All College of Business Legal Resource Clinic operations, documentation, and the personal information of those involved, shall remain strictly confidential.
- The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic has established hours but will also accommodate students upon request.
- The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic will take appointments on first-come, first-serve basis.
- The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic reserves the right to schedule an appointment with a CSULB student who has an imminent and time sensitive issue.
- The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic does not refer or assist in legal matters involving disputes between CSULB employees, agencies, or their representative.
- All publications or material of College of Business Legal Resource Clinic shall not be distributed to CSULB students unless written permission is received from a legal clinic representative.
- The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic c will not assist CSULB students who already retained an attorney for the issue you are bringing to the legal clinic.
- The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic reserves the right to refuse service to any CSULB student at its sole discretion.
The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic will most likely be able to assist you if you meet the criteria set forth in the Guidelines.
The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic hours change each semester so please check website for updates. If you are unable to get to the clinic during posted hours, please "Contact Us" for an individual appointment. When you come in, you should be prepared. Bring any information and documents that may be pertinent to your case. Be prepared to explain the issue with one of our representatives.
After filling out the necessary paperwork, a representative will discuss with you the various options or direct you to the correct source. If you desire to speak to an attorney then we will provide you with referral information to get you in touch with other organizations that may be able to assist you. A majority of these organizations provide free legal consultations as well as pro bono or reduced fees. The College of Business Legal Resource Clinic is not associated with any of these organizations.
The CSULB College of Business Legal Resource Clinic is here to serve as an educational resource to CSULB students and does not provide legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. However, the College of Business Legal Resource Clinic has representatives who can assist you and also provide access to legal resources that often answers many questions. If an attorney is warranted, students can seek a free consultation with an attorney experienced in the area of interest through an unaffiliated source of College of Business Legal Resource Clinic.