Business Honors Track
Undergraduate Business majors who are accepted into the University Honors Program can participate in the Business Honors Track.
This track aims to provide an intellectually rewarding academic experience by providing students with a community of scholars, Honors courses (general education and business major coursework), and a thesis project that serves to prepare students for success as business professionals and graduate students.
- Graduate School Level Preparation
- Scholarship Opportunities & Priority Registration
- Personalized Advising & Smaller Class Sizes
- Exclusive Access to University Honors Facilities
- Community of Scholars & Business Honors Track Events
- Leadership & Professional Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to Work with Faculty on an Independent Research Project
Review the Current University Honors Program Application Requirements (Below reflects the criteria as of November 2018)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (4.0 or higher recommended for President’s Scholarship consideration)
- Ability to complete the unit requirements of the selected Honors Plan
* Even if not all criteria are met, under special circumstances, applicants may be evaluated for admissions consideration by the University Honors Program Director
Applying for Fall Program Admittance
NOTICE: Always review the current calendar for University Honors Program deadlines
First Round with President’s Scholarships consideration (First year and transfer students)
- February 1 - Application opens
- March 1 - Application closes (Deadline for completed application and recommendation)
Second Round (First year, transfer, and continuing CSULB students)
- March 15 - Application opens
- June 1 - Application closes (Deadline for completed application and recommendation)
Applying for Spring Program Admittance
First Round (transfer and continuing CSULB students)
- November 15 - Application opens
- December 15 - Application closes (Deadline for completed application and recommendation)
NOTICE: You should confirm the most current Business Honors Track requirements via the University Honors Program (Below information reflects the requirements as of November 2018).
Business Honors Plan I (minimum of 21 units)
This plan is designed for entering freshmen and consists of a minimum of 15 units (typically 5 courses) of lower- and upper-division Honors classes (General Education and Business courses); and a culminating 6-unit independent scholarly project (UHP 496 Research Participation and UHP 498 Senior Thesis/Project). Each student works on the thesis with a faculty supervisor deemed knowledgeable in the chosen topic area.
Business Honors Plan II (minimum of 15 units)
This plan is designed for upper-division transfer students and continuing CSULB students and consists of a minimum of 9 units (typically 3 courses) of upper-division Honors classes (General Education and Business courses), and a culminating 6-unit independent scholarly project (UHP 496 Research Participation and UHP 498 Senior Thesis/Project). Each student works on the thesis with a faculty supervisor deemed knowledgeable in the chosen topic area.
The Business Honors Team members work across their respective departments and with the University Honors Team and Business Honors Student Leaders in order to offer Business Honors students an engaging and enriching experience.
- Boualoy Dayton, Interim Director of Center for Student Success | Boualoy.Dayton@csulb.edu
- Lizette Álvarez, Coordinator for Student Success Initiatives and Academic Advisor| Lizette.Alvarez@csulb.edu
- Maricruz Gutierrez, Academic Advisor | Maricruz.Gutierrez@csulb.edu
- Elizabeth Gomez, Director of Development | Elizabeth.Gomez@csulb.edu
- Rachel Rivas Academic Operations Analyst | Rachel.Rivas@csulb.edu
Beachboard also has many support pages from the University Honors Team.
Business Honors Faculty develop and teach unique curricula in Business Honors courses and guide students in their development of Business Honors thesis projects.
- Peter Ammermann | Finance | Peter Ammermann About
- Jeffrey Bentley | Management & HRM | Jeffrey Bentley About
- Craig Macaulay | Management & HRM | Craig Macaulay About
- Risto Moisio | Marketing | Risto Moisio About
- Tianjiao Qiu | Marketing | Tianjiao Qiu About
The Extensive list of the College of Business Honor Thesis Advisors is attained by contacting:
The College of Business anticipates offering the following future Business Honors courses:
This is pending edits as of October 29
- FIN 300 & MGMT 425 (Spring 2020)
- ACCT 201 (Fall 2020)
- IS 310 & MGMT 425 (Spring 2021)
- CBA 300 (Fall 2021)
- MGMT 425 (Spring 2022)
NOTICE: You may confirm upcoming Business Honors course offerings by contacting the Business Honors Support Team (this information was last updated Feburary 2020).
The Honors program has quickly adapted to the online projects and support, events and professors are all on board to support your Honors program at College of Business.