Business Honors Track
Undergraduate Business majors who are accepted into the University Honors Program can participate in the Business Honors Track.
This track aims to provide an intellectually rewarding academic experience for participants and prepare them for success as business professionals and graduate students. Business Honors Track students take Honors courses at both the lower-division (general education) and upper-division (business major) level, as well as complete a two-semester thesis project under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Graduate School Level Preparation
- Scholarship Opportunities & Priority Registration
- Personalized Advising & Smaller Class Sizes
- Exclusive Access to University Honors Facilities
- Community of Scholars & Business Honors Track Events
- Leadership & Professional Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to Work with Faculty on an Independent Research Project
Review the Current University Honors Program Application Requirements (Below reflects the criteria as of June 2021)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (4.0 or higher recommended for President’s Scholarship consideration)*
- Ability to complete the unit requirements of the selected Honors Plan
* Even if not all criteria are met, under special circumstances, applicants may be evaluated for admissions consideration by the University Honors Program Director
Applying for Fall Program Admittance
NOTICE: Always review the current calendar for University Honors Program deadlines
First Round with President’s Scholarships consideration (First year and transfer students)
- February 1 - Application opens
- March 1 - Application closes (Deadline for completed application and recommendation)
Second Round (First year, transfer, and continuing CSULB students)
- March 15 - Application opens
- June 1 - Application closes (Deadline for completed application and recommendation)
Applying for Spring Program Admittance
First Round (transfer and continuing CSULB students)
- November 15 - Application opens
- December 15 - Application closes (Deadline for completed application and recommendation)
NOTICE: You should confirm the most current Business Honors Track requirements via the University Honors Program (Below information reflects the requirements as of November 2018).
Business Honors Plan I (minimum of 21 units)
This plan is designed for entering freshmen and consists of a minimum of 15 units (typically 5 courses) of lower- and upper-division Honors classes (General Education and Business courses); and a culminating 6-unit independent scholarly project (UHP 496 Research Participation and UHP 498 Senior Thesis/Project). Each student works on the thesis with a faculty supervisor deemed knowledgeable in the chosen topic area.
Business Honors Plan II (minimum of 15 units)
This plan is designed for upper-division transfer students and continuing CSULB students and consists of a minimum of 9 units (typically 3 courses) of upper-division Honors classes (General Education and Business courses), and a culminating 6-unit independent scholarly project (UHP 496 Research Participation and UHP 498 Senior Thesis/Project). Each student works on the thesis with a faculty supervisor deemed knowledgeable in the chosen topic area.
The Business Honors Team members work across their respective departments and with the University Honors Team and Business Honors Student Leaders in order to offer Business Honors students an engaging and enriching experience.
- Peter Ammermann, Business Honors Track Faculty Liaison | Peter.Ammermann@csulb.edu
- Sabine Reddy, Associate Dean of Administration | Sabine.Reddy@csulb.edu
- Boualoy Dayton, Director of Center for Student Success | Boualoy.Dayton@csulb.edu
- Elizabeth Gomez, Director of Development | Elizabeth.Gomez@csulb.edu
- Rachel Rivas Academic Operations Analyst | Rachel.Rivas@csulb.edu
Beachboard also has many support pages from the University Honors Team.
Business Honors Faculty develop and teach unique curricula in Business Honors courses and guide students in their development of Business Honors thesis projects.
- Peter Ammermann | Finance | Peter Ammermann About
- Jeffrey Bentley | Management & HRM | Jeffrey Bentley About
- Lori Brown | Information Systems | Lori Brown About
- John Lacey | Accountancy | John Lacey Abou
- Craig Macaulay | Management & HRM | Craig Macaulay About
- Risto Moisio | Marketing | Risto Moisio About
- Tianjiao Qiu | Marketing | Tianjiao Qiu About
Please contact the Business Honors Track Faculty Liaison, Dr. Peter Ammermann (email@example.com), for an extensive list of the College of Business Honors Thesis Advisors.
The College of Business anticipates offering the following future Business Honors courses:
Tentative schedule as of March 22, 2021:
- IS 301 & CBA 300 (Fall 2021)
- HRM 360 & MGMT 425 (Spring 2022)
- MKTG 300 & ACCT 201 (Fall 2022)
- FIN 300 & MGMT 425 (Spring 2023)
NOTICE: You may confirm upcoming Business Honors course offerings by contacting the Academic Operations Analyst, Rachel Rivas (firstname.lastname@example.org).