The CHHS Academic Advising Center offers hands-on workshops, small group sessions, and individual appointments to help undergraduate students find the right career path, prepare for their job search, and pursue rewarding careers after graduation.
Our Fall 2021 Career Workshops listed below will take place virtually through Zoom on Thursday at 2 pm and Friday at 10 am.
FALL 2021 CAREER WORKSHOPS
Introduction to Career Development for Students in CHHS
A Career By Design, Not Default
This workshop is especially great for first and second-year students as well as transfer students who are new to the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS). Learn how to establish your professional reputation now and explore what career options are available to you through the Career Options page on the CHHS website.
Careers 101 For Transfer Students
We value our transfer students and know that the transfer process brings unique challenges. Meet the CHHS Career Coordinator and learn more about our unique college and the career options and resources available to you.
Find Your Career Path
What is the right major and career for you?
Learn how to choose a major and career by design, not default. In this workshop, we will explore careers in health and human services that match your interests, skills, and values.
Know Your Career Options
What careers exist with your major?
Learn how to use job search tools and sample job postings to research potential internships and jobs in your field, identify what employers are looking for, and learn how to stand out as a job candidate.
CAREER SESSIONS & APPOINTMENTS
Students may also schedule an individual appointment with Amy Gleason, the Career Coordinator, through Beach Connect.
Scheduling a CHHS Career Counseling appointment:
- View available Career Counseling appointment times on Beach Connect.
- Select the specific service you want and choose Online, Phone, or In-Person appointment.
- Log in using Single Sign-On.
- On the far right side, click the "Get Assistance" button.
- Select "Career Counseling" as the appointment type.
- Select the service type.
- Select your preferred meeting type: Online, Phone, or In-Person.
- Select the location as College of Health and Human Services Advising Center
- Select a day and time that fits your schedule.
- Review appointment details and confirm the appointment.