Skip to main content
- Ph.D. in Education, Claremont Graduate University
- M. Ed in Special Education, California State Polytechnic University
- B.A. in Social Ecology, University of California, Irvine
- A.A. in Liberal Arts, Mt. San Antonio College
- Campus collaboration on inclusive models for students with various backgrounds.
- Universal design for learning as a vehicle for social justice and person-centered learning in the classroom.
- Using innovative instructional strategies, effective pedagogy, and collaborative models for positive student engagement outcomes.
- Social integration and engagement of students with disabilities, diverse ethnicities, and gender differences in higher education.
- Gustin, L., Funk, H. E., Reiboldt, W., Parker, E., Smith, N., Blaine, R. (2020). Gaining Independence: Cooking Classes Tailored for Students with Autism. Journal for Postsecondary Education and Disability.
- Smith, N. V. & Pelonis, E. M. (2014). Accommodating students with autism in higher education through peer mediated intervention. Communiqué. 12-15.
- Smith, N. V. (2014). LIFE Project Training Manual. Long Beach, CA. CSULB.
- Education Specialist Credential
- Education Specialist II Credential
- Multiple Subjects Credential
- TPA Certified Assessor Tasks 1, 2, 3, & 4
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention