Attendance is open to government employees of law enforcement and corrections agencies. All other individuals/agencies will need to get approval from the program director and instructors. The Center for Criminal Justice (CJ Center) reserves the right to restrict or deny enrollment or access to any individual.
Each course has a budget that determines the tuition-based upon a certain number of attendees. Cancellations that are made on short notice leave us unable to fill seats from our waiting list. This impacts our operating budget, as we still have to pay for the instructors, meeting room, printed materials, etc.
Therefore, it is necessary to enforce the following cancellation policy per person registered in the course:
- Cancellation less than 21 days prior to class: $50.00
- Cancellation less than 14 days prior to class: 1/2 tuition
- No show on the first day of class: full tuition amount
**Cancellation of a non-tuition course may be subject to an administrative fee**
- Cancellations must be received in writing via email. You can submit your cancellations to the center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The CJ Center reserves the right to cancel classes due to a lack of funding, enrollment, or any unforeseen circumstances.
- Agencies with unpaid tuition fees may be denied registration to future courses.
Attendees will be awarded certificates of training upon meeting P.O.S.T. or S.T.C.criteria.
College credit is available for the Sherman Block Supervisory Leadership Institute. For more information please visit the SBSLI page. College credit is also available for the POST Management Course. For more information please visit the POST Management page of our website.
Because classes fill up quickly, we strongly encourage registering as soon as possible. Please have your training department contact the Center for Criminal Justice at CSULB or call 562.985.4940 to make reservations.
- The location of each seminar will be listed in the confirmation email along with hotel accommodations. If this information is needed prior to the seminar, please contact the Center.
- Classes are held on the campus of CSULB and at various hotel locations (Garden Grove, Irvine, Long Beach, Dana Point & Palm Springs) throughout California.
- All classes start at 8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm, with a one-hour lunch. Please make your airline reservations based on this time frame, instructors will not allow students to leave class early.
- Payment will be accepted and is preferred on the first day of the class. Arrangements can be made for billing prior to any program.
- We will accept credit card payments. Credit card payments can be made through Cashnet. A transaction fee will be applied when using a credit card and cannot be waived.
- Non-POST agencies will be required to pay in advance unless prior arrangements are made with the CJ Center.
- Please make check or money order payable to CSULB Foundation. If you choose to mail your check please send it to the following address (please note that if check is not addressed appropriately it may delay payment):
California State University, Long Beach
Center for Criminal Justice, HS&D, Room 118
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-5502