The following are required for admission to the Special Education program:
- Special education teaching credential (Pathway 1) or equivalent experience (Pathway 2).
- Minimum 2.85 overall grade point average in last degree (not credential or certificate) earned from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants whose overall GPA is less than 2.85 but meet the University minimum GPA requirement (2.50 for a completed baccalaureate degree or 2.70 for a baccalaureate degree in progress) and who present compelling evidence of academic and professional potential either through recent academic performance and/or experiential background, may be considered for admission at the discretion of the program admission committee.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, to include 24 upper-division units in 4 areas of study. Please see CSULB Catalog .
- International applicants have additional university application requirements including meeting the English language proficiency requirement. Please visit the International Applicants tab for more information.
- Domestic applicants with foreign degrees may have additional university application requirements. Please visit the International Applicants tab for more information.
See the Online Application Submission page regarding how to submit the application and transcripts.