Advising : Center for Student Success
The College of Business Undergraduate Center for Student Success is committed to encouraging personal and academic success. Our goals are to assist undergraduate students with making a successful transition to and establishing their place in the University; to take responsibility for learning how to set academic, career, and personal goals and learning the strategies to achieve those goals; and to graduate in a timely manner by successfully meeting all major requirements. Go Beach!
Individual Advising Appointments can help you
- Determine your eligibility for admission to the major
- Develop an educational plan
- Review transfer credit for matriculated students and understand transfer credit policies
- Plan your next semester’s schedule
- Understand University and graduation requirements
- Inform on probationary status and how to avoid academic disqualification
- Determine major grade point deficiencies and how to resolve them
- Explore other services on campus
Signature Authority to Approve
- “Educational Leave” requests for undergraduate Business majors
- Election of the credit/no credit grading option for Business majors or Business courses
Letters from Major Advisors
- Approval for “Practical Training” from the Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Financial Aid SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
Program Planners are advising worksheets for individual academic programs based on the current Catalog. They provide students with a summary of the academic requirements for which they will be held responsible for their "catalog year." The Program Planners are designed to help students track the courses he/she has taken and has left to complete in his/her major course requirements.
- Counselors' Conference
- LBUSD College and Career Night
- National College Fairs
- Onsite/Offsite high school events
- Onsite/Offsite community college events
- Transfer Day/Major Fairs
- Transfer Admissions Workshops
- Grad Check
- GWAR Preparation
- Mandatory freshman, sophomore, and transfer advising
- Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) sessions
- Probation Intervention
Study Support Annex (COB-126)
Group tutoring is available in the annex.
The College of Business Center for Student Success offers FREE group tutoring for the following courses: ACCT 201, 202, 300A,300B, and 320, FIN 300, IS 301 and 310, MATH 115, and STAT 108 and 118.
The Learning Center (TLC) Student Success Center - 160
Tutoring support for FIN 300, MATH 115, STAT 108 and 118, ECON 100 and 101, ACCT 201 and 202. Please see TLC for a complete listing of all tutoring services available for business courses and their current tutoring schedule.
Writer's Resource Lab (WRL) LAB - 206
Its central mission is to provide ongoing writing instruction to any currently enrolled CSULB student via one-on-one tutorials. As an integral part of writing-across-the-curriculum program on this campus, the WRL exists to help students become more effective and independent writers.
CSULB's core academic mission is to graduate students with highly valued degrees. California State University, Long Beach is a nationally renowned public research university that values academic excellence, diversity and community engagement. The College of Business academic standards, rules and policy are managed in the current Course Catalog. and base policy is managed and documented on the CSULB’s Academic Senate website. CSS has provided liks to some summary policy and links which should be considered overridden by any current catalog and senate documents.