Advising: Center for Student Success
In response to COVID-19, we have suspended in-person services.
College of Business Zoom Drop-in Advising Hours*:
Monday & Tuesday
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday & Thursday
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
*Please note that the Zoom room may be locked earlier if it reaches capacity prior to end time
How to join us in Zoom Drop-in Advising:
Drop-in Advising is only available for undergraduate College of Business students.
Use the following link to join us in Zoom during the above scheduled times: https://csulb.zoom.us/j/5629854514
It is highly recommended that you join us using your computer as it allows for both advisor and student to share screens as necessary. However, if you do not have access to a computer, you may join us by:
- Calling (669) 219-2599
- Inserting meeting ID: 562 985 4514
Computer Loans and Public Wifi:
CSULB has a Chromebook loan program and multiple public wifi locations on campus. Please visit the Reuniting the Beach page and scroll down to "Wifi and Technology" for more information. Additionally, if you are in need of a laptop or hotspot loan, you may fill out a request form.
For Long Beach residents: visit the ConnectedLB Platform to see if you are eligible for low-cost internet and computers.
The College of Business Undergraduate Center for Student Success is committed to encouraging personal and academic success. Our goals are to assist undergraduate students with making a successful transition to and establishing their place in the University; to take responsibility for learning how to set academic, career, and personal goals and learning the strategies to achieve those goals; and to graduate in a timely manner by successfully meeting all major requirements. Go Beach!
Individual Advising Appointments can help you
- Determine your eligibility for admission to the major
- Develop an educational plan
- Review transfer credit for matriculated students and understand transfer credit policies
- Plan your next semester’s schedule
- Understand the University and graduation requirements
- Inform on probationary status and how to avoid academic disqualification
- Determine major grade point deficiencies and how to resolve them
- Explore other services on campus
Program Planners are advising worksheets for individual academic programs based on the current Catalog. They provide students with a summary of the academic requirements for which they will be held responsible for their "catalog year." The Program Planners are designed to help students track the courses he/she has taken and has left to complete in his/her major course requirements.
- Counselors' Conference
- LBUSD College and Career Night
- National College Fairs
- Onsite/Offsite high school events
- Onsite/Offsite community college events
- Transfer Day/Major Fairs
- Transfer Admissions Workshops
- Grad Check
- GWAR Preparation
- Mandatory freshman, sophomore, and transfer advising
- Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) sessions
- Probation Intervention
Study Annex (COB-126)
Drop-in, group tutoring is available in the annex.
The College of Business Center for Student Success offers FREE drop-in, group tutoring for the following courses: ACCT 201, 202, 300A,300B, 320; FIN 300; IS 301, 310; MATH 112A, 115; STAT 108, 118; EXCEL; and writing support.
The Learning Center (TLC), SSC - 160
Tutoring support for FIN 300, MATH 115, STAT 108 and 118, ECON 100 and 101, ACCT 201 and 202. Please see TLC for a complete listing of all tutoring services available for business courses and their current tutoring schedule.
University Writing Center (UWC), SSC - 245
The UWC offers a variety of tutoring services and workshops for students across the campus, from one-on-one, in-depth consultations to drop-in hours where you can get quick answers to your writing questions, as well as workshops on taking the GPE, writing strong arguments, and proofreading for error-free writing.
CSULB's core academic mission is to graduate students with highly valued degrees. California State University, Long Beach is a nationally renowned public research university that values academic excellence, diversity and community engagement. The College of Business academic standards, rules and policy are managed in the current Course Catalog. and base policy is managed and documented on the CSULB’s Academic Senate website. CSS has provided liks to some summary policy and links which should be considered overridden by any current catalog and senate documents.
- Approval for “Practical Training” from the Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Financial Aid SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- “Educational Leave” requests for undergraduate Business majors
- Election of the credit/no credit grading option for Business majors or Business courses