Deadlines and Requirements Fall 2020
September 18, 2020
All early evaluation requests are due a minimum of seven days before administration date. The lasted date to request early evaluations is September 18, 2020. Early evaluation requests and questions should be sent to email@example.com. Unless otherwise specified early evaluations will be administered the last week of classes.
September 28, 2020
Courses will be uploaded to the Course Selection Application no later than 5pm.
October 12, 2020
All courses must be finalized and verified in the Course Selection Application by the department chair by no later than 5pm on October 12, 2020. No further course selection changes can be made past this point.
November 17, 2020
Online SPOT evaluations will open. Emails will be sent directly to students and will be available from BeachBoard homepage. Faculty will receive an automated email informing them about the opening of their course.
December 4, 2020
Faculty will receive a system generated email informing them of their response rate for open courses. This is informational only.
December 11, 2020
This is the last day of instruction for the Fall 2020 Semester. Online evaluations will close at 11:59pm.
January 6, 2021
Academic Technology Services will upload summary reports, irregularity reports, and disaggregated excel workbooks to the SPOT SharePoint. Departments and colleges will be sent an email informing them of this upload. Departments will then email the summary reports to faculty using their CSULB email address, or a secure department method of communication.
Course Selection Online App
Departments will select courses using an online course selection web application. We will be transitioning all departments to this more streamlined process for selecting courses.
Benefits of using the Course Selection app include:
- No more need to email excel workbooks back and forth
- Decreased email communication
- Less confusion about course selections
- Automated feedback about course selections
- A more automated SPOT process
Academic Technology Services has created a BeachBoard training course to provide direction for utilizing the app. To be added to this training and get access the SPOT Course Selection Web Application, have your current Chair of record contact ATS-Survey@csulb.edu.
Policies and Procedures
1. According to the Senate Policy on the Student Evaluation of Teaching (PS 17-05), all departments will use the Student Perceptions of Teaching (SPOT) instrument.
2. All classes with a C classification and six or more students shall be evaluated. Departments may also vote to require evaluation of specified courses. If a Department does require these evaluations, they shall be uniformly required of all faculty. Faculty members may choose to evaluate any other of their classes.
3. Evaluation summary reports will be uploaded to a SharePoint folder for all requested and required classes after grades are posted.
How to administer CPIE
CPIE courses are not SPOT.
However, we have tried to make their selection process as streamlined as possible. CPIE courses can be selected in the SPOT Course Web Application in a separate CPIE tab. This tab will only appear if your department has CPIE courses for the semester. Course selections for CPIE will follow all SPOT deadlines.