Improving Your Online Course
April 5-19, 2023 | Online Program | Stipend= $150 REGISTRATION FORM
Seats are limited; register by April 4, 2023
Improving Your Online Course (IYOC) is a 2-week program that explores the Quality Matter (QM) Rubric and provides a framework for improving the quality of online courses. The IYOC program is offered through the CSU Chancellor's Office of Online Course Services but is now also offered by CSULB QM-certified facilitators.
In this program, IYOC participants use the Specific Review Standards of the QM Rubric to review their own online courses and develop a course improvement plan. Having a pre-developed online course is required to participate in the program activities.
Participants will need to have:
- A previously developed online course to improve using the QM standards.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 hours per week to achieve the learning objectives.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the essential Specific Review Standards of the Quality Matters Rubric to your own online course.
- Describe the alignment of at least one module/unit in your online course.
- Prioritize improvements to your online course.
This workshop has firm due dates and will be noted within the course along with a schedule.
To receive the stipend:
- Complete all in-workshop activities and materials.
- Complete the QM Participant Confidentiality and Limited License Agreement.
- Complete the Evaluation Survey.
If any assignments are not completed or submitted on time you will not be marked "complete."