At this event, we're looking back at 2020 and our collective shift to alternate modes of instruction (AMI).
At an "unconference" the focus is on the discussion- where attendees contribute as "the experts" and share their experiences. The agenda is built by the participants in advance and facilitators help define and guide the discussions on our selected topics. As we move forward to another virtual spring, what are some key topics you would like to touch on?
Let us know what's on your mind in this UNCONFERENCE POLL.
- Opening Remarks: Dr. Shariq Ahmed, AVP Academic Technology
- Student Q&A Panel
- Facilitated Breakout Groups
- Adapted World Café / Lightning Talks / Share Out
- Alternative Modes of Instruction (AMI) Certificate and Recognition
- Be sure to read the students' statements on Technology in the Classroom [PDF].
- Read more student statements from our previous workshop: Rethinking the Classroom
Pre-Meeting Prep (optional)
Consider some of the issues that may have come up for you over the past 8 months during our shift to alternative modes of instruction. How have you dealt with these challenges? What lessons can we share and build upon to transform these into best practices? Let us know in our Unconference Poll!
- Learning how to use new digital tools
- Engaging students
- Interest in online/hybrid instructional strategies
- Organization of work processes & time management
- Shortage or availability of devices
- Connectivity (wi-fi)
- Computer literacy
- Creating equitable online courses for disabled and other students
- Data privacy and security
- Lack of interaction
- LMS tools and features
- Policy decisions
- Staying motivated