Virtual Reality and Motion Capture
The XR lab is a learning space where virtual, augmented, and mixed-reality experiences can be created for education, training, and research. Outfitted with high-end technology including VR headsets, motion-capture devices, and animation software, the lab expands the potential to innovate on team projects and find creative solutions for teaching and learning.
- Virtual Reality (VR) immerses users in a fully artificial digital environment.
- Augmented Reality (AR) overlays virtual objects in real-world environments.
- Mixed Reality (XR) allows real and virtual elements to interact in an environment.
- Virtual Reality Projection Wall (9m x 2 m) with dual-stereo projection system
- Dual-PC workstation with VR content management software
- Motion Tracking System
- Motion capture cameras, mounts on custom framing and camera rig
- Tracking software
- Collaborative Augmented Reality System with smart glasses to overlay digital content on top of the real world
- Content creation tools and software