Yang Lu joined the CSULB Department of Health Care Administration as an assistant professor in Fall 2016. Prior to that, she was a faculty member at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center (2013-2016) and the University of Southern California (2010-2013).
- Ph.D. in Policy Analysis from Pardee RAND Graduate School, Santa Monica, CA
- MPP from University of Maryland–College Park
- Bachelor of Law degree from University of International Business and Economics in Beijing, China
- Improving treatment and outcomes of chronic conditions among vulnerable populations
- Health disparities in patient safety
- Cost-effectiveness studies
As HCA's primary faculty member for managed care and risk management subject areas, Dr. Lu teaches the following courses:
- HCA 300 The Health Care System
- HCA 465 Analysis and Evaluation of Health Care Services
- HCA 468 Principles of Risk Management and Patient Safety
- HCA 502 Health Care System
- HCA 527 Research methods
- Shimoga SV, Lu Y. Role of Provider Encouragement on Patient Engagement via Online Portals. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2019;26(10):968-976.
- Fein EH, Friedlander S, Lu Y, Pak Y, Sakai-Bizmark R, Smith LM, Chantry CJ, Chung PJ. Phototherapy for Neonatal Unconjugated Hyperbilirubinemia: Examining Outcomes by Level of Care. Hospital Pediatrics. 2019;9(2):115-120.
- Dubrovsky G, Rouch J, Huynh N, Friedlander S, Lu Y, Lee SL. Clinical and socioeconomic factors associated with negative pediatric appendicitis. Journal of Surgical Research. 2017; 218:322-328.
- Mock K, Lu Y, Friedlander S, Kim DY, Lee SL. Misdiagnosing adult appendicitis: clinical, cost, and socioeconomic implications of negative appendectomy. The American Journal of Surgery. 2016;212(6):1076-1082.
- Lu Y, Serpas L, Genter P, Mehranbod C, Campa D, Ipp E. Disparities in Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Rates Within Minority Populations: Differences in Reported Screening Rates Among African American and Hispanic Patients. Diabetes Care. 2016;39(3):e31-32. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd13.160193.
- Lu Y, Friedlander S, Lee SL. Negative Appendectomy: Clinical and Economic Implications. The American surgeon. 2016;82(10):1018-1022.
- Lu Y, Serpas L, Genter P, Anderson B, Campa D, Ipp E. Divergent Perceptions of Barriers to Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Among Patients and Care Providers, Los Angeles, California, 2014–2015. Preventing Chronic Disease. 2016; 13:E140.
- Deavenport-Saman A, Lu Y, Smith K and Yin L. Do Children with Autism Overutilize the Emergency Department? Examining Visit Urgency and Subsequent Hospital Admissions. Matern Child Health J. 2015:1-9.
- Lu Y, Pyatak EA, Peters AL, Wood JR, Kipke M, Cohen M, Sequeira PA. Patient Perspectives on Peer Mentoring: Type 1 Diabetes Management in Adolescents and Young Adults. The Diabetes Educator. 2014.
- Lu Y, Agrawal G, Lin C-W, Williams RG. Inpatient Admissions and Costs of Congenital Heart Disease from Adolescence to Young Adulthood. American Heart Journal. 2014;168(0):948-955.
- Wu J, Han Y, Xu J, Lu Y, Cong H, Zheng J, Sun H. Chronic Stable Angina Is Associated with Lower Health-Related Quality of Life: Evidence from Chinese Patients. PLoS ONE. 2014;9(5):e97294.
- Lu Y, Penrod JR, Sood N, Woodby S, Philipson T. Dynamic Cost-Effectiveness of Oncology Drugs. Am J Manag Care. 2012;18(11 Suppl):S249-256.
- Kubicek K, Liu D, Beaudin C, Supan J, Weiss G, Lu Y, Kipke MD. A Profile of Nonurgent Emergency Department Use in an Urban Pediatric Hospital. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2012;28(10).
- Goldman DP, Zissimopoulos J, Lu Y. Medical Expenditure Measures in the Health and Retirement Study. Forum for Health Economics & Policy. 2011;14(3):4.
- Jena AB, Goldman DP, Kamdar A, Lakdawalla DN, Lu Y. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Users of Erectile Dysfunction Drugs: Analysis of Claims Data. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2010;153(1):1-7.
- Ruelas V, Roybal GM, Lu Y, Goldman D, Peters A. Clinical and Behavioral Correlates of Achieving and Maintaining Glycemic Targets in an Underserved Population with Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2009;32(1):54-56.