Erlyana Erlyana is a Professor and Chair of the Department of Health Care Administration at California State University, Long Beach. She worked as a physician for more than seven years before joining the Department as a tenure-track faculty member in 2009.
Dr. Erlyana received her MD at the University of Atmajaya, Indonesia, and earned her Ph.D. in Public Administration (with a concentration in Health Service Administration) from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
- Access to care for underserved populations
- Social determinants of health care utilization
- Disparities in health
- Managed care
- Comparative health
She has taught the following courses:
- HCA 300 The Health Care System
- HCA 422 Global Issues in Health Services
- HCA 428 Population Health Management
- HCA 465 Analysis and Evaluation of Health Care Services
- HCA 480/481 Internship in Health Care Administration
- HCA 503 Health Care Economics
- HCA 528 Managing Population Health
- HCA 537 Managed Care
Dr. Erlyana also teaches CSULB study abroad courses in Taiwan and Germany.
- Acosta-Deprez, V., Gorman, F. K., Chu, C., Erlyana, E., Records, C., & London, M. (2020). Perceptions About Flavored Tobacco Policies and Smoking Behaviors by Age, Gender and Sexual Orientation in the LGBTQ Population in Los Angeles County. Archives of Healthcare, 1(1), 56-75.
- Reynolds GL, Fisher DG, Erlyana E, Otterloo LV. (2020) Rectal douching in a community sample of men and women. International Journal of STD & AIDS. 2020 Oct;31(11):1082-1092. doi: 10.1177/0956462419837483. Epub 2020 Sep 11. PMID: 32914687.
- Huckabay L, Fisher DG, Reynolds GL, Rannalli D, Erlyana E. (2020) Gender differences in risk taking behaviors for Chlamydia trachomatis. Health Care Women International. 2020 Jul 23:1-19. doi: 10.1080/07399332.2020.1797037. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32701401.
- Shimoga, S. V., Erlyana, E., & Rebello, V. (2019). Associations of Social Media Use With Physical Activity and Sleep Adequacy Among Adolescents: Cross-Sectional Survey. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 21(6), e14290. doi: 10.2196/14290. (PMID: 31215512)
- Erlyana E., Reynolds G.L., Pedersen W.C., Fisher D.G., and Van Otterloo L., (2019) Arrest and Trait Aggression Correlates of Emergency Department Use, Journal of Correctional Health Care 25(3):253-264. doi: 10.1177/1078345819854373. Epub 2019 Jun 9. (PMID: 31179818)
- Erlyana E., Schuldberg, J., & Last, M. (2016). Public Policy: Historical Overview of Long term Care. In Perley, R., Managing the Long-Term Care Facility: Practical Approaches to Providing Quality of Care (pp. 1-32). Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA
- Fisher, D. G., Cummins, C., Erlyana, E., & Reynolds, G. L. (2016). Hepatitis C in Hispanics in California. Journal of Addictive Diseases, 34(4):263-73. doi: 10.1080/10550887.2015.1074500. (PMID: 26372008)
- Erlyana E. (2016). International Comparisons and Future Trends in Long-Term Care. In Perley, R., Managing the Long-Term Care Facility: Practical Approaches to Providing Quality of Care (pp. 505-521). Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA
- Fisher, D. G., Hess, K. L., Erlyana, E., Reynolds, G. L., Cummins, C. A. & Alonzo, T. A. (2015). Comparison of Rapid Point-of-Care Tests for Detection of Antibodies to Hepatitis C Virus. Open Forum Infectious Diseases, Jul 7;2(3):ofv101. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofv101. (PMID: 26269795)
- Erlyana E., Acosta-Deprez V., O’Lawrence H., Sinay T., Ramirez J., Jacot E., & Shim K., Health insurance information seeking behaviors among internet users: An exploratory analysis to inform policies, Healthcare Policy Legislation and Administration, part 2, Journal of Health and Human Services Administration Vol. 38, No. 1, 2015 (PMID: 26369232)
- Cummins, C., Kumaratne, M., Erlyana E., Huckabay, L., & Vigneron, F., Potential Contribution of Advance Practice Nursing in managing exclusions in elementary and middle schools, Journal on Nursing, Aug- Oct, 2014.
- Erlyana E., Fisher D.G., and Reynolds G.L., (2014) Emergency room use after being released from incarceration, Health and Justice 2: 5, Springer Open Journal, available at: http://www.healthandjusticejournal.com/content/2/1/5
- Sinay T., Acosta_Deprez V., and Erlyana E. (2014) Health needs assessment in inner cities: Does zip code analysis reveal better results?, Journal of Health Care Finance, July 2014.
- Erlyana E., Fisher D.G., Reynolds G., & Janson M. (2014) Medical Service Use among Recipient of HIV Prevention Services in Los Angeles County, Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 36 (4), pp. 498- 519.
- Erlyana E., Damrongplasit K., & Melnick G. Expanding Health Insurance to Increase Utilization: Does Distance Still Matter? Health Policy, Dec 2010, doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2010.11.008