Board Certified Neurologic Clinical Specialist
Dr. Kristin DeMars has 19 years of clinical experience in practicing physical therapy. Her expertise includes neurologic physical therapy and vestibular rehabilitation; specializing in assessment and treatment of individuals with neurologic disorders including PD, MS, CVA, TBI and individuals with balance and vestibular disorders. In addition to clinical practice, Dr. DeMars is a full-time lecturer in the CSULB Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy. Her teaching responsibilities include: neuroanatomy, motor control and learning, examination and intervention for individuals with neurological disorders, postural control and vestibular rehabilitation and neurological clinical decision making. Additionally, she is responsible for supervising the CSULB Pro Bono Neurologic Physical Therapy Clinic.
Dr. DeMars has been a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) since 1991 and is a member of two APTA specialty sections: neurology and education. She has been involved in the development of a pre-conference course (ABCs of Vestibular Rehabilitation) for the 2014 APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Dr. DeMars is a member of the Movement Disorders Society and the National Parkinson Foundation.
- B.S., Kinesiology, University of California at Los Angeles, 1991
- M.P.T., University of California at San Francisco/San Francisco State University, 1994
- D.P.T., Chapman University, 2012
- Certificate of Competency in Vestibular Rehabilitation, Emory University School of Medicine, 2003
- Certificate of Competency in Cervicogenic Dizziness, 2005
- Certificate of Competency in Balance Function Testing, 2006
- Board Certified Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy, 2007-present
- LSVT© Certified Therapist, 2009
- Certified FallProof© Instructor, 2004-2010