Joy R. Goebel RN, PhD, FPCN, is an accomplished nurse educator and researcher whose interests in palliative care (PC) include studying diverse populations of patients from neonates to the elderly. She has published 20 manuscripts in top tier palliative care journals and presented internationally on palliative care topics. She has been instrumental in developing an informatics tool for the Veterans Administration project (the Palliative Care-National Clinical Template) to standardize and improve palliative care for veterans across the nation. Dr. Goebel teaches advanced evidence-based research application in the CSU Fullerton, Long Beach, and Los Angeles DNP Consortium. She enjoys mentoring undergraduate and graduate nursing students on palliative care research and clinical projects. Personally, she enjoys hiking sections of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) and has hiked more than 1,000 miles of the trail.
- Singer A, Goebel JR, Kim Y, Dy S, Ahluwalia S, Clifford M, Dzeng L, O’Hanlon C, Motala A, Walling A, Goldberg J, Meeker D, Ochotorena C, Shanman R, Cui M, Lorenz KA. “Populations and Interventions for Palliative and End-of-Life Care: A Systematic Review.” Journal of Palliative Medicine. Sept 2016. 19(9):995-1008. (Refereed, original research).
- Goebel JR, Guo W, Wood KA. “Teamwork and Perceptions of Palliative Care Quality.” Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nurses. June 2016. 18(2):242-248 (refereed, original research).
- Buck H, Brody AA, Campbell ML, Fasolino R, Goebel J, Kehl K, Lindley LC, MacKenzie MA, Mayhara M, Raudonis BM, Lunney JR. “Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association 2015-2018 Research Agenda.” Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing. April 2015. (17) 2:119-127. (Invited).
- Petteys A, Goebel JR, Singh-Carlson S, Wallace J. “Palliative Care in Neonatal Intensive Care, Effects on Parent Stress and Satisfaction: A Feasibility Study.” American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care. December 2015; 32(8):869-75. (Refereed, original research).
- Goebel JR, Ahluwalia SC, Chong K, Shreve S, Asch SM, Austin C, Goldzweig C, Lorenz KA. “Developing an informatics tool to advance supportive care: The Veterans Healthcare Administration palliative care national clinical template (PC-NCT).” Journal of Palliative Medicine. March 2014, 17(3): 266-273. (Refereed).
- Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- Scholarly Proposal Writing