Ms. Rita Goshert
Continue established career path in managing and developing patient care services for pediatric patients and their families, as well as, continuing to instruct Bachelor and Master level students in the field of Child Development and Family Studies.
- M.A. in Home Economics, Child Development and Family Studies, California State University, Long Beach
- B.A. in in Home Economics, Child Development and Family Studies, California State University, Long Beach
- “The Correlations Among Adolescents' Hospitalization Experiences, Well-Being, and Their Relationships with Parents: A Child Life Program Perspective”, Principal Investigator, MCWHLB, 2018 - 2020
- “Promoting Resilience through Summer Camp Experience”, Principal Investigator, MCWHLB, 2015-2017.
- “Built Environment Correlates of Well-Being on a Pediatric Oncology Unit”, Sub-Investigator, MCHLB, 2011-2013.
- “The Role of Built Environment on the Pre-Surgical Experience”, Co-Investigator, MCHLB, 2010-2011.
- “Impacts of Child Life Intervention on Pediatric Patient and Parental Pre and Post Procedural Anxiety”, Principal Investigator, MCH, 2005-2006
- Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) Member, 1987-Present.
- ACLP Benchmarking and Data Center Sub Committee, 2014-Present.
- ACLP Mentor Program Sub Committee, 2015-2017.
- Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) Member, 2012-Present.
- Southern California Association for the Care of Children’s Health (SCACCH) Affiliate Board Member, 1989-1992, 1996-1999 & 1999-2001.
- Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS), passed Child Life Certification exam May, 1999
- Association for the Care of Children’s Health (ACCH) Member, 1987-2000.
- Guest speaker for various Child Development classes at CSULB, CSUF, CSUDH and OCC.
- Guest speaker for Child and Family Associated Students at CSULB.
- Guest speaker for local community organizations and businesses.
- Leadership Long Beach activities. 2011-present.
- Lowell Elementary School PTA, 2011-2017
- Roger’s Middle School PTA, 2017-Present
- World Class Leader 2018, 2019
- Gallup Presidents Award, 2008 – present
- Graduate, Leadership Long Beach, 2011
- Graduate, Memorial Academy class of 2006.
- Exceptional Employee Award, Miller Children’s Hospital, 1997.
- Child Development and Family Studies, Community Service Award, CSULB. May, 1995.
- Program Committee Chairman of SCACCH, 1989-1992 & 1996-1999. Organized and implemented several educational programs for Health Care Professionals and Parents.