Welcome to the School of Art!
As an incoming SOA student, you will complete two components to begin your journey at CSULB.
- Advising & Registration (A&R) Process led by your academic advisor.
- Orientation Process led by New Student & Family Programs.
Your Class Registration and Orientation dates are linked: when you register for SOAR you will be assigned a Class Registration date (online) which corresponds to the Orientation Workshop date (on campus).
- Admission Hold - Contact Admissions
- SOAR Hold - Attend your on campus orientation, or contact the SOAR Office
- Advising Hold - Attend a School of Art presentation on your registration day, and the hold will be removed. Contact the School of Art if you missed attending a presentation
- Check for holds on MyCSULB Student Center prior to registering
- If you are interested in changing your major within the School of Art, submit a Change of Major Form.
- If interested in changing your major outside of the School of Art:
- First-Time/First-Year students (Freshmen) should first visit the college advising center website for the major you want to switch to – visit the Advising & Registration website for a complete list of majors and links to the appropriate advising center website. Then complete and submit the online Change of Major request form found on their advising website. An advising center representative will follow up with you regarding this request and guide you through the rest of your Advising & Registration Process. Finally, contact SOAR to ensure you are in the appropriate orientation workshop date – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562.985.5515 for assistance.
- Transfer students cannot change majors without jeopardizing your admission status. Contact the advising center of the major you’re interested in, as well as visit the Admissions Major Specific Requirements for Transfer Students, Transfer Application Process: Explore & Declare Major, and Changing Major Process websites for additional information.
- Are you a NCAA Student Athlete? Contact your Bickerstaff Academic Center (BAC) advisor for guidance on changing your major.
BFA Eligibility Presentation (Recording)
Arts Ink is a group of students who wish to see extraordinary artistic collaborations nurtured and enacted here at Cal State Long Beach. As an organization we exist to act as a catalyst for creative endeavors, holding interdisciplinary collaboration as a starting point for art education and a key ingredient for the success of our graduates as they prepare for the professional realm. Arts Ink, also known as the College of the Arts Student Council, represents all students from the Visual Arts, Dance, Design, Film & Electronic Arts, Music, and Theatre Arts departments at California State University, Long Beach.