Part-Time Faculty Pool

The School of Art has twelve BA/BFA and twelve MA/MFA programs: Art Education, Art History, Ceramics, Drawing & Painting, Graphic Design, Illustration, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, and 3-D Media in Fiber, or Metal, or Wood. We also have Biomedical Illustration, and Museum Studies Certificate Programs, as well as a Foundation Program.

School of Art - Part Time Lecturer Pool  
POSITION: The School of Art at CSU Long Beach invites applicants for its Part-Time Lecturer Pool.  
This pool is an informal collection of resumes and images for applicants who wish to be considered on an ongoing basis for employment. APPOINTMENTS FROM THE PART-TIME POOL ARE TEMPORARY AND OFTEN MADE JUST PRIOR TO THE START OF THE ACADEMIC TERM. Formal application materials including a background check will be required if you are hired to teach a course.   
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should hold at least a master's degree in a related field or have significant experience.  A Phd for Art History positions is generally required. Candidates should demonstrate their ability to interact and work effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students, including first-generation college students.  
Please complete this survey, which includes the opportunity to upload links or files for CV/Resume and images.  These will be shared with Program faculty searching for instructors to fill sections.  If you already have images or documents on file in the School of Art office, we encourage you to complete this survey in order to be added to the digital pool.  For questions or inquiries, please contact Karen Warner at karenwarner@csulb.edu or 562-985-7907.   

PT hiring is contingent on availability of classes and State budget.

Enrolled Graduate Student positions are available, at no more than 20 hours a week for Teaching Associates (instructor of record, subject to approval), and non-teaching positions, Graduate Assistants/Readers.

Enrolled Graduate Students may also receive academic credit as a Teaching Intern, please see the Graduate Advisor in FA4-102 or call 562.985.1576.

Enrolled Students from any department on campus, with Federal Work Study agreements are encouraged to apply in the department offices.

For Enrolled Undergraduate Students there are a limited number of Student Assistant and Instructional Student Assistant positions.