Junior Mentoring Program (JMP)
- The Junior Mentoring Program (JMP) is for junior-level students.
- Students are required to complete both an application and an interview (if requested).
- The is a Semester long program.
- The applications open in the Spring/Summer for Fall JMP cohorts and the Fall/Winter for Spring JMP cohorts.
The Junior Mentoring Program (JMP) is a one-semester program where a junior-level student is paired with young professionals in a mentoring relationship. Mentors help students prepare for their college careers by sharing their skills, knowledge, and advice on balancing college, work, and personal life. Focus is given to resume-building and professional development activities to better prepare the students for the job market and complement their academic learning experience.
- Junior Level Status
- COB Major/Minor
- GPA Requirement: 2.5
- Complete the JMP Application
- Submit a Resume and Photo
- Attend an interview (if requested)
Accepted Students must complete the following requirements:
- Attend an Orientation
- Meet for a minimum of one hour per month with your mentor
- Turn in a completed contract
- Attend the Networking Mixer
Typically held virtually via Zoom on a Friday evening from 6:00pm-8:00pm, and is open to all JMP participants (mentors and mentees). The JMP Networking Mixer provides a setting to network, and meet other program participants.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor to a student, sharing your experiences and life lessons as a professional, check out our Mentor Center page and use our mentor interest form.