Business Professional Certificate (BPC)
Details of the Business Professional Certificate (BPC) program:
- Participation is open to all grade levels.
- Series of workshops presented by business professionals.
- Typically held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 5:00pm-6:00pm and only offered in the fall and spring semesters.
- Calendar updated each semester with the same topics, so if a student has other obligations, they can complete the workshop the following semester.
How to sign-up:
- Students are able to join at any time by completing the SCPD Application.
- Once the SCPD Application is complete, students are automatically enrolled into the BPC program.
- To RSVP for the workshops, please log-in to SSO and click on the BeachSync icon.
- Walk-ins are always welcome, so long as space is permitted.
The BPC Certificate is awarded to students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the program, which is attending 14 different topic workshops by the time they graduate.
To receive workshop credit, students must complete the evaluation, provided at the end of each workshop. The SCPD office will maintain a database of student workshop attendance to ensure that commitments are being kept. Students can also keep track of their own attendance through their SCPD Passport to Success; also known as the "Passport". Students can pick up a printed copy of the Passport from the SCPD Office or download a copy through SCPD's Linktree.
Professional development workshops are also sponsored by other campus organizations and sometimes cover the same or similar topics. Some of these organizations include The Leadership Academy, and Career Development Center. SCPD will give students credit for attending workshops sponsored by these organizations if they are similar in content to workshops provided by SCPD.
Other workshop substitutions include Community Service, an Art Event, Ethics at the Beach (UCEL event), or the COB-493 Internship Course.
In order to receive credit for a workshop substitution, a student must obtain approval from the SCPD Program Coordinator in advance.
Please be aware that workshop topics are subject to change, as SCPD is constantly working to enhance the BPC program to best prepare students for the business world.
- SCPD Orientation
- Behavior-Based Interviewing Skills
- Business Etiquette
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Job Search Strategies
- Elevator Pitch
- Financial Planning
- Get Your Resume Noticed
- How to Negotiate for the Job You Deserve
- How to Reach Your Goals
- Leadership in the Workplace
- Mission, Vision, Values
- Mock Interviews
- Networking & Social Media
- Public Speaking
- Real Talk; Grades Aren’t Everything