Frequently Asked Questions
What is Adobe Creative Cloud?
Adobe Creative Cloud is a suite of popular Adobe applications available online through a subscription based service.
What software is included?
The Creative Cloud suite includes Acrobat Pro, After Effects, Audition, Bridge CC, Scout, Dreamweaver, Edge, Encore, Fireworks, Flash, InCopy, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Media Encoder, Muse, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Prelude, and SpeedGrade.
Who is eligible?
- Students: Students can use Creative Cloud on any university-owned computer. Students can also install Creative Cloud on personally owned computers if the purchase a Creative Cloud subscription through the CSULB Software Depot for $20.00/year. Student Creative Cloud subscriptions purchased through the CSULB Software Depot are good for twelve months after the date they are purchased, and can be renewed until they graduate.
- Faculty and Staff: Faculty and staff can use Creative Cloud on any university-owned computer. Faculty and staff can also install Creative Cloud on personally-owned computers as long as they are used primarily for university business.
How much does the subscription cost?
The Student Creative Cloud subscription costs $20/year for current CSULB students.
Where do I go to purchase the student subscription?
The student subscription can be found through the Software Depot.
- Launch any Creative Cloud application (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Click on Help. You will either see an option to Sign In or an option to Sign Out.
- If you see the option to Sign In, then click on Sign In.
- If you see the option to Sign Out, click on Sign Out. When the Sign Out screen appears, click on Sign Out. Once you have signed out successfully, click on Help > Sign In.
- When the Sign In page appears, click on Sign In Now.
- Enter your CSULB email address into the ‘Email address” field, and click on ‘Sign In.’
- Click on ‘Company or School Account’
- Type in your Campus ID and password, and then click on Sign In
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the applications. If you are asked to sign in again, use the steps above.
Can students install Creative Cloud on their own personal computer?
Students can install Creative Cloud on personally owned computers if the purchase a Creative Cloud subscription through the CSULB Software Depot for $20.00/year. Student Creative Cloud subscriptions purchased through the CSULB Software Depot are good for twelve months after the date they are purchased, and can be renewed until they graduate.
Can students install Adobe Creative Cloud on more than one personally-owned computer?
Yes. Students can install Creative Cloud on up to two personally owned computers. However, you may not run more than one instance of the software at a time.
How long can I use the software?
- Students: Students can use Creative Cloud on any university-owned computer until they graduate. Student Creative Cloud subscriptions purchased through the CSULB Software Depot are good for twelve months after the date they are purchased, and can be renewed until they graduate.
- Faculty and Staff: Faculty and staff can use Creative Cloud on any university-owned or personally-owned computers until they separate from the university.
Are there any prerequisites for installing the software?
An internet connection and a valid Adobe ID or CSULB employee ID are required to download the software. For personally-owned computers, a valid employee campus ID and password are required to obtain a valid subscription.
Are there any system requirements?
Do I have to install all the applications in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite?
No. You only need to download and install those applications that you want to use.
How do I deactivate a Creative Cloud license on a personally owned computer?
You can deactivate a Creative Cloud license by following the directions on this web page.
Do I have to remove Creative Cloud from my personally owned computer if I separate from the university?
Yes, or you must start a new subscription directly with Adobe if you want to continue to use the software.
Do I need to be online to access my Creative Cloud desktop applications?
No. An Internet connection is only required:
- The first time you install and license your applications.
- Once every thirty days - the desktop applications will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days. If they can’t validate your license, they will revert to trial mode.
How do I get support for Adobe software?
The university does not provide support for Adobe Creative Cloud. Please visit the Adobe Forums using the link below if you have a technical or functional question about the software:
Is training available for the Adobe Creative Cloud applications?
Training is available through these venues:
Does Creative Cloud include Adobe Contribute?
Does Creative Cloud include Typekit?
Will the software run in the Adobe Cloud or do I download the software onto my PC/Mac?
You have to download the software onto your PC/Mac.
Do I have to store any files I create in the Adobe Cloud?
No. You can store the files in any location you choose.
Can I get upgrades whenever a new version of the software is released?
Yes, the campus agreement covers all upgrades that are released during the term of the agreement.