In this program, instructors will work individually with a CSULB faculty member certified as a Quality Matters Peer Reviewer, who will provide valuable feedback and help prepare your course for QM certification. CSULB faculty Peer Reviewers are part of our Quality Assurance Community of Practice.
- Prerequisites: Completion of Quality Essentials 1
- Estimated Hours to Complete: 7-9
- Stipend: Upon successful completion of the program requirements= $280
AUGUST 9-OCTOBER 15
- August 9: Orientation / Course Review Begins
- September 3: Course Review Ends
- September 6: Faculty Begins Course Adjustments
- October 4: Peer Reviewer Begins to Check Adjustments
- October 15: Faculty Completes Course Adjustments
- October 15 Peer Reviewer Completes Course Check
- October 15: Deliverables Due / Program Ends
- Fall: Stipend Disbursed
Application Instructions and Deadline
Registration is now closed.
Visit our Events and Workshops page for more professional development programs.
Program and Stipend Requirements
Completion of Quality Essentials 1 is a prerequisite of this program. In addition, program participants who fall under one of the following categories may not qualify for the stipend:
- College of Continuing and Professional Education (CPIE) Instructor for Self-Supported (Non-Academic) programs or courses
- Academic Advisors, Teaching Assistants, and Student Assistants
- CSULB Staff and Students
Participants must complete the following requirements to receive the $280 stipend:
- Work with your CSULB faculty Peer Reviewer.
- Complete the ATS Internal Peer Review Template and make adjustments to your course to meet the criteria of that review.
Who can register and participate in the Course Peer Review program?
Faculty who are eligible to register for Quality Essentials 1 may register for the Course Peer Review program (it is actually part of the QE 1 registration form). Note, that you must complete and receive a grade of ‘Met’ for QE 1 in order to participate in this program.
How do I know if I need to opt-out of the stipend for this program?
Please contact your College/Department’s Administrative Services Manager (ASM).
Who will review my course?
One of the CSULB Quality Matter certified peer reviewers or one of Academic Technology Services’ instructional designers will review your course.
What will I be expected to update after I get the reviewer’s feedback?
Any standard that has been marked as “not met” will be accompanied by recommendations for improvement, changes in the course to meet the standards will be required.
Can I use any of my courses for the peer review process?
We strongly recommend that you use the same course that you have been developing through the ATS Quality Essentials programs.
What will be the depth of the course review feedback I will receive?
Each standard’s comments will include evidence of how the standard is met or not met as well as applicable recommendations for improvement.
Will I be paid for enrolling in this program?
If you have completed the Spring of 2021 Quality Essentials or the Summer 2021 Quality Essentials I programs, you will receive a stipend by successfully completing the peer review process. However, the stipend amount is embedded in the Quality Essentials 2 program.