Frequently Asked Questions for Advanced Studies


For information on applying to programs in the department, you should review the program's website.  When you begin the application process, you should refer to the College of Education Graduate Studies Office website.

Students applying to the joint Educational Psychology Masters/School Psychology Credential program must take the GRE.  Students applying to the school psychology credential program do not need to take the GRE.  No other programs in the department require the GRE.

General Information

Each program in the department has a website where all program requirements are described.  When researching programs, its good to start by reviewing all the information on the program's website.  Once you have familiarized yourself with the program's requirements, then you can contact the program coordinator with specific questions you may have.

In building ED1 room 10.

Monday through Thursday 8am-5:00pm Friday 8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm

We are open until 5:30 during the first two weeks of each semester.

Due to the state budget situation, summer office hours can vary so please confirm office hours before coming to campus.

Applications can be found online on each program's website or on the website for the College of Education Graduate Office.

Yes, we understand many of our students have already begun a career in education and most of our courses are offered during the evening hours.

Yes, it is possible to attend on a part-time basis.  You will be provided with advisement from a faculty member about the appropriate sequence of courses to allow you to attend on a part-time basis.

You will need to pick up a petition for course equivalency form in the ASEC office (ED1-10). The form must be completed and turned in with transcripts, a course description, and course numbering system from the other institution. Turn the completed form into the ASEC office (ED1-10). The petition will be evaluated by a series of advisors and you will be notified by mail of the results.