Dr. Nagai has many years of experience providing services to individuals, couples, and families as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker. She has provided cultural consultation and training to mental health professionals in the position of Ethnic Minority, Children’s and Geriatric Mental Health Specialist. She has also been the supervisor of a community mental health program and has provided clinical supervision to clinicians and interns from various backgrounds. Prior to coming to California State University, Long Beach, she taught at Smith College, City University of Seattle, Antioch University in Seattle, and Seattle University as an adjunct faculty. She is also certified as an EMDR therapist.
- M.S.W. University of Washington, 1996
- Ph.D. Smith College, 2007
Her interests are psychodynamic approaches combined with cognitive therapy, brief psychotherapy, clinical supervision, and spirituality in social work practice as well as multicultural issues related to ethnicity and race.
- Community Mental Health
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Spirituality in Social Work
- Multicultural Issues
- Direct Interventions with Individuals and Families
- Social Work Practice in Mental Health
- Spirituality in Social Work Practice
- Foundations for Generalist and Multicultural Practice
- Thesis Advising