COB CSS Mission
The COB Center for Student Success (CSS) and its Study Annex aspire to engage undergraduates with advising and learning that promotes persistence towards success.
The CSS Centers support and guide students by connecting them to academic resources, practicing holistic advising, and facilitating self-advocacy. We promote collaborative campus and community partnerships in an effort to ensure students’ success and achievement of their academic and professional goals.
- Engaged Communication
Through advising at the COB Center for Student Success (CSS), students will:
- Understand requirements towards graduation, including GE and major coursework
- Learn to use degree planning tools such as the Degree Planner and the Academic Requirements Report
- Be able to locate and interpret key policies and deadlines (e.g. Major Declaration, Graduation, Withdrawal, Probation, Educational Leave, Credit/No Credit Option)
- Identify resources for degree-to-career-planning (e.g. Career Development Center, Student Center for Professional Development, Student Organizations)
- Identify campus resources for promotion of wellbeing (e.g. Dream Success Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, Bob Murphy Access Center, Student Health Services)
- Identify academic resources for learning support (e.g. Office Hours, The Learning Center, CSS Study Annex)
- Assists students in construction of an academic plan for their primary degree objective
- Connects students to appropriate resources and opportunities
- Interprets policies for, and presents students with viable options
- Helps students develop strategies for academic success and professional growth