Preparation is key to succeeding in an interview. Follow the steps below and schedule an appointment with Graduate Business Career Services (GBCS) to discuss interview tips and techniques or conduct a mock interview:
- Sign in to Beach Connect through Single Sign-On (SSO)
- From your Beach Connect homepage, click on "Get Assistance"
- From the drop-down menu, choose "Career Counseling" for type of appointment
- Choose the service you would like to request and view the available times
- Select "Graduate Business Career Services" and select online, in person or phone appointment
Common Interview Questions:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why are you interested in the position?
- Why are you interested in our company?
- What are your strengths and an area of improvement?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are proud of?
- What are your short term and long term goals?
- Tell me about a time…
- you solved a problem within your academic or work experience?
- you utilized attention to detail skills in your academic or work experience?
- you communicated with diverse stakeholders to showcase an idea or project?
- you demonstrated leadership skills in your past academic or work experience?
- What is your management style?
- What qualities are you looking for in a supervisor?
- Why should we hire you over the other candidates that have applied?
Questions to Ask During an Interview:
- What does a typical day look like?
- What does the training look like for this position?
- What are the opportunities for advancement or professional development?
- How is success measured in this position?
- Where you do you see the company going in the next couple of years?
- How would you describe the company culture?
- Why do you enjoy working here?
- What are the next steps in the interview process?
- Can I answer any final questions for you?
Big Interview: this online tool allows you to practice interviewing 24/7. You are able to view webinars on interviewing as well as simulate a real interview by identifying questions and then receiving a link to your recorded interview. Access Big Interview by signing in to CareerLINK, which is accessible through your single sign on.
Watch videos about interviewing from Beyond B-School on the following topics. To access Beyond B-School sign in to your single sign on and then sign in to CareerLINK:
- Performing Under Pressure: Top Interview Tools
- Why You? Preparing Your Story to Answer the Inevitable Make or Break Interview Questions
- Preparing for the Tough Interview Questions