The Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) provides the additional 30 units required to complete the 150 semester units required for CPA licensure** in California.
- Provides advanced knowledge in tax, corporate governance, ethics, and other topics important for accountants in government and industry.
- Prepares graduates to deal with increased complexity in accounting practices, tax laws, and business methods fueled by new technology.
- MSA graduates have career opportunities with public accounting firms, corporate entities, financial firms, audit & tax groups, and government/tax authorities.
- Cohort-based model consisting of 30 units
- 11-month program beginning both spring and fall
- Classes on Monday - Thursdays evenings and Saturdays
- Access to an extensive CSULB alumni network
- CPA Test Prep integrated into the program
- Career opportunities with corporate entities, financial firms, audit & tax groups, and government/tax authorities
- Career advising and other workshops available
Fast Track for College of Business Undergraduates
CSULB College of Business undergraduates can apply for the Fast Track program before graduation. Learn more about the advantages of entering our Fast Track Application.
"The MS Accountancy program was an essential key in elevating my career to a higher level.I was able to find a great job at United Staffing Solutions Inc (USSI), one of the best incorporation in the health-care field. The MSA program was such an excellent experience and worth the time and effort spent in strengthening my knowledge and improving my professional career."