MS Information Systems
The Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) is a STEM-designated program for newly graduated students and professionals who want to develop and advance their knowledge in information technology and its application in current and future business domains such as advanced data analytics, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and advanced information systems management.
- Acquire advanced data analytics (such as machine learning, deep learning, and data visualization) skills to tackle real-world business and information challenges.
- Develop an advanced understanding of information systems management, IT application development, and business intelligence in the digital economy.
- Apply hands-on and field-tested approaches to planning, executing, and managing information systems projects.
- Acquire and practice software project management, requirements analyses, systems design, and prototype construction.
- A cohort-based model consisting of 30 units
- 21-month cohort program beginning fall semester
- Courses include programming for business analytics, business data analysis, machine learning for business analytics, deep learning for business, and Information Systems Security and Assurance.
- Python is the adopted language for all analytics courses. Other tools embedded in the curriculum include AWS, SQL, and Tableau.
- Stem-designated program (international students can get OPT).
- International students are eligible for CPT after completing 9 months in the program.
- Textbooks, instructional materials, and campus parking are included in the tuition.
- Classes are offered in the evening during the week and/or Saturdays to accommodate working professionals.
- Career services customized for our graduate students.
- Access to an extensive CSULB alumni network
- Career opportunities with IT firms, corporate entities, and government authorities.
- Career advising and other workshops are available
Fast Track For Undergraduates
CSULB College of Business undergraduates can apply for the Fast Track program before graduation. Learn more about the advantages of entering our Fast Track Application.