Please note that applicants may only apply to one of our graduate business programs per admission cycle. Prospective students are strongly encouraged to attend an Information Session to learn more about our programs.
General Admissions Process
- Use Cal State Apply to file your application before the Application deadlines
- Pay a non-refundable $70 fee
- Submit your official transcripts electronically to ES-IDPTrans@csulb.edu
- Await notification. Your application will be evaluated AFTER application deadline
Meeting minimum and/or general requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or greater
- GMAT/GRE Test Requirements Waived for ALL Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 applicants
- Two letters of recommendation
- Short Answer Personal Statement (2500 character maximum; approximately 1 page)
- Prompt: Describe a time when you dealt with someone who was difficult. How did you handle that situation? What would you do differently if you could do it over again?
- Video Statement of Purpose (3-5 minute video, must be available to view without the Admissions Committee logging-in/creating an account)
- Prompt: Introduce yourself and describe your career goals in the next 3-5 years, and your long-term dream job.
- You can use a platform such as YouTube to create the video. Include the link in the application form.
- Application FAQs
Please follow these additional instructions for submission of transcripts and other required materials.