Please note that you can only apply to one of our graduate programs. If you are unsure about which program is best for you, contact us.
General Admissions Process
- Use Cal State Apply to file your application before the Application deadlines
- Pay a non-refundable $70 fee
- Submit your official transcripts electronically to ES-IDPTrans@csulb.edu
- Await notification. Your application will be evaluated as soon as it is complete.
General Application Requirements
Meeting minimum and/or general requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or greater
- GMAT or GRE test scores
- GMAT requirements: At least 500 overall score; 4.0 essay score; 4.0 integrated reasoning score
- GRE requirements: At least 150 in each verbal and quantitative section; 4.0 essay score.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Short Answer Personal Statement (1500 characters max)
- Describe a time when you dealt with someone who was difficult.
- How did you handle that situation?
- What would you do differently if you could do it over again?
- Video Statement of Purpose:
- Describe your career goals in the next 3-5 years, and
- Your long-term dream job.
- You can use a platform such as YouTube to create the video. Include the link in the application form.
- Application FAQs
- Contact Us for an ADA-compliant format for the Video Statement of Purpose
Please follow these additional instructions for submission of transcripts and other required materials.