Please note that applicants may only apply to one of our graduate business programs per admission cycle. Prospective students are strongly encouraged to attend an Information Session to learn more about our programs.
General Admissions Process
- Use Cal State Apply to file your application before the Application deadlines
- Pay a non-refundable $70 fee
- Submit your official transcripts electronically to ES-IDPTrans@csulb.edu
- Await notification. Your application will be evaluated AFTER application deadline
Meeting minimum and/or general requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or greater
GMAT/GRE Test Requirements Waived for ALL Spring 2024 applicants- please check back in October 2023 if applying for Fall 2024 admission.
Two letters of recommendation
Short Answer Essay Prompt (1 page maximum, 12PT font, double-spaced, 1-inch margins): Describe a time when you experienced a challenge or obstacle. How did you overcome the challenge or obstacle? What would you do differently if you could experience the challenge or obstacle over again?
Video Statement of Purpose (respond to ALL of these prompts):
- Briefly introduce yourself and explain your educational and/or career background.
- What are your career goals over the next 3-5 years?
- What is your long-term dream job?
- What are you doing to prepare yourself for graduate school?
The video should be 3-5 minutes total. We recommend spending about 1 minute per prompt. You may use any video platform (such as YouTube) as long as the video is public and viewable without having to log-in/create an account.
- Application FAQs
Please follow these additional instructions for submission of transcripts and other required materials.