Retention, Tenure, and Promotion Announcements
The following faculty members have been granted tenure and/or promotion to Professor:
- Ying Liu, Information Systems, promotion to Professor
- Yu Wang, Marketing, tenure, and promotion to Professor
- Reo Song, Marketing, tenure only (promoted to Associate Professor last year)
The following faculty members have been granted tenure and promotion to Associate Professor:
- Banafsheh Behzad, Information Systems
- Kenji Klein, Management/HRM
- Craig Macauley, Management/HRM
- Jessica Robinson, Management/HRM
The following faculty members have received reappointment through the tenure decision:
- Jennifer Howard, Accountancy
- Gregory Gaynor, Accountancy
- Yoo Jin Lee, Accountancy
- Michael Gibbs, Finance
- Mohamed Abdelhamid, Information Systems
- Jianqing Wu, Information Systems
- Jake Grandy, Management/HRM
- Christine Kang, Marketing.
New Tenure-Track Faculty Joining Fall 2020 - Four new Assistant Professors will arrive in COB in the fall semester:
- Mengming (Michael) Dong, completing his Ph.D. at Rice University, joins Finance
- Jose Pineda, completing his Ph.D. at Florida International University, joins Information Systems
- Da Xu, completing his Ph.D. at the University of Utah, joins Information Systems
- Ho Wook Shin, Assistant Professor at Bowling Green State University, joins Management/HRM
Marketing will welcome a new Associate Professor:
- Bao Yang, Associate Professor at the University of Southern California
These new additions to the COB team will be profiled in a future Dean’s Update.
The following faculty have announced they will retire in Spring 2021.
- Thang Nguyen, Information Systems
- Terrance Witkowski, Marketing
- Pamela Homer Miles, Marketing; beginning Faculty Early Retirement Program
- Debra Grace, Accountancy; completed Faculty Early Retirement Program
- Yu Ming Wang, Information Systems; completed Faculty Early Retirement Program
- Judy Strauss, Management; completed Faculty Early Retirement Program
Journal Publications Showcase
The following faculty members have journal publications in 2020, See more about accomplishments in the AASCB maintained College Faculty Showcase. Links to these papers are located in the AACSB Research Journal Listing.
Banafsheh Behzad, Assistant Professor of Information Systems, published Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a Strategic Agent in the Pediatric Vaccine Market: An Analytical Approach in the top-tier Manufacturing and Service Operations Management and Minimizing Health-Compromising Behaviors via School-Based Programs: An Optimization Approach in the Journal of Primary Prevention.
Robert Chi, Professor of Information Systems, published an Optimal strategy in online retailers pricing and return policies in the Journal of Electronic Commerce Research.
Jong-Yu Hao, Assistant Professor of Finance, Jasmine Yur-Austin, Professor of Finance, and Lu Zhu, Assistant Professor of Finance, published Credit default swaps and CEO compensation: a long-term perspective in Applied Economics.
Jennifer Howard, Assistant Professor of Accountancy, published Analyst Forecasting Behavior under Uncertainty: Evidence from the Tax Reform Act of 1986 in Accounting and Business Research.
Ping Lin, Professor of Accountancy, and Sanjian Zhang, Professor of Accountancy, published IFRS Convergence and Stock Market Impact: Evidence from the 2007 China Reform in the Journal of Accounting and Finance.
Majod Muhtaseb, Lecturer in Finance, published Fraud against Hedge Funds: Implications to Operational Risk and Due Diligence in the Journal of Financial Crime.
Jessica Robinson, Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management, published A data science and open-source software approach to analytics for strategic sourcing in the International Journal of Information Management and Exploring the Differential Roles of Environmental and Social Sustainability in Carrier Selection Decisions in the International Journal of Production Economics.
Hojong Shin, Assistant Professor of Finance, published Avoiding Inheritance Taxes in Family Firms in the high-quality Financial Management and How inheritance law affects family firm performance: Evidence from a natural experiment in the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal.
Emily Rosado-Solomon, Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management, published Office Chit-Chat as a Social Ritual: The Uplifting Yet Distracting Effects of Daily Small Talk at Work in the top-tier Academy of Management Journal.
Terrence Witkowski, Professor Marketing, published Guns for Christmas: Advertising in Boys’ Life Magazine, 1911-2012 in the Journal of Macromarketing and Male Compensatory Consumption in American History in the Journal of Macromarketing.