CSULB’s Second Annual Finance Symposium 2021
JOIN THE SPRING 2021 FINANCE SYMPOSIUM
Friday, March 12, 2021 & Friday, March 19, 2021
1:15pm – 4:30pm
Presented Virtually via Zoom
Listen – Learn - Connect
BeachFinRising is once again bringing together the students of California State University, Long Beach, finance industry leaders, and the community to discuss current trends, market moves, and career opportunities in the field of finance. Listen in on riveting discussions with industry professionals on a range of topics.
The Spring 2021 Symposium will cover topics including:
Careers in Finance as CFO and beyond
Mergers & Acquisitions in today’s markets
How Private Equity and Venture Capital work
How to Register:
BeachFinRising 2021 will be held virtually via Zoom! Participation is FREE for all attendees. Register for both days using the link below. The Zoom link will be emailed to you as the symposium approaches.
Support the Department of Finance and student scholarships by donating today! Donations are tax-deductible.
Schedule of Events:
DAY 1: Friday, March 12
1:15 pm – 1:30 pm: Opening Remarks - Dean Michael E. Solt
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Private Equity & Venture Capital Firms
- Andrea White-Kjoss (LinkedIn) Executive Director at Long Beach Accelerator, Co-Founder and COO at ExtraVallis
- Nancy Dandridge (LinkedIn) Board of Directors, INOVATIV, Inc.
- Santhosh Devati (LinkedIn) Founder of Anamika Ventures.
2:45 pm – 4:30 pm: Careers in Finance as CFO and beyond
- Constance Skidmore, (LinkedIn) Audit Committee Chair, Sensata Technologies.
- Barbara Barcon, (LinkedIn) Finance Executive.
- Dan Deleon, (LinkedIn) Chief Financial Officer of The California Endowment.
- Roxanne Austin (Crunchbase) President and CEO of Austin Investment Advisors.
DAY 2: Friday, March 19
1:15 pm – 2:30 pm: Mergers & Acquisitions
- Ian Schapiro, Managing Director, Co-Portfolio Manager at Oaktree’s GFI Energy Group
- Said Mia, (LinkedIn) Founder and Managing Partner of Stormbreaker Ventures,
2:45 pm – 4:15 pm: CSULB Alumni Panel
- Anthea Xu, (LinkedIn) Business Process Improvement Analyst at Pacific Life
- Ashely Bardales, (LinkedIn) BCommercial Underwriter II at Comerica Bank
- Carlos Ramones, (LinkedIn) Credit Analyst at Pacific Life.
- Sona Minasyan, (LinkedIn) Corporate Accountant at PS Business Parks, Inc.
4:15 pm – 4:30 pm: Closing Remarks – Dean Michael E. Solt