Former Students Degree Requirements

Did you apply to graduate but not complete your degree requirements?

Guidelines and Instructions

You must determine whether to enroll during a regular term at CSULB or at another institution.

  • If you plan to enroll in regular term classes at CSULB, you must apply for Readmission before the deadline for the semester.
  • If you plan to enroll at another institution, you must submit a Request for Evaluation of Coursework at Another Institution (DocuSign). Your official transcript with final grades for coursework completed elsewhere must be on file in the Office of Enrollment Services within 30 days following completion of the course(s).

  • You are no longer an active student and must apply for Readmission prior to the appropriate deadline.
  • You will be required to follow new catalog requirements for your major (refer to the CSULB Catalog for current requirements).

All upper-division coursework required for the major must be completed within a 10-year period preceding the award of the bachelor’s degree. Consult with your department advisor regarding possible revalidation of courses in question.

Depending on when you last enrolled, you may have additional General Education requirements to complete. For more information about General Education requirements, please contact the University Center for Undergraduate Advising.

If you were academically disqualified from the university, you must be reinstated before taking any other action. See Academic Standing and Appeals for more information about the reinstatement process. You must submit transcripts for all coursework taken elsewhere since your last CSULB enrollment.