University Center for Undergraduate Advising
The University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) is the primary advising center for:
- Undeclared Students and those interested in exploring major options or identifying a new major,
- information about University policy relating to major declaration,
- students seeking assistance in creating a strategy to return to good academic standing after being placed on academic probation,
- information about reinstatement to the University after academic disqualification,
- GenExcel program participants,
- Long Beach College Promise 2.0 participants,
- information about the University's Beach Pledge program.
UCUA Academic advisors are available to meet with undergraduate students in person or via Zoom and can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-in advising is available for currently enrolled undergraduate students who are undeclared, students who are interested in exploring a different major, students who are on academic probation, or students who are seeking reinstatement.
Hours of availability and a Zoom link can be found to the right of this message or at the bottom of the page if you are on a mobile device. Drop-in advising sessions are typically limited to a maximum of 15 minutes.
Students should have their ID number ready to provide to the screener when visiting the Center in person or visiting the Zoom waiting room.
Attention Incoming Fall 2022 Undeclared Students!
Location: Shakarian Student Success Center, Room 140 (SSSC-140)