University Center for Undergraduate Advising
Advising Center for Exploration
The University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) is the primary advising center for:
- Undeclared Students and those interested in exploring major options or identifying a new major,
- information about University policy relating to major declaration,
- students seeking assistance in creating a strategy to return to good academic standing after being placed on academic probation,
- information about reinstatement to the University after academic disqualification,
- GenExcel program participants,
- Long Beach College Promise 2.0 participants,
- information about the University's Beach Pledge program.
Drop-in Advising via Zoom is available for currently enrolled students who are undeclared, students who are interested in exploring a different major, students who are on academic probation, or students who are seeking reinstatement.
New incoming students enrolling for the first time at the University in Fall 2021 should visit the New Students information page.
Hours of availability and a Zoom link can be found to the right of this message or found below on a mobile device. Drop-in Advising Sessions are typically limited to a maximum of 15 minutes.
Please have your student ID number ready to provide to the screener when visiting the Zoom waiting room.
The Center is closed for in-person advising appointments, workshops, and drop-in advising. This is a proactive step to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information visit www.csulb.edu/covid-19.