University Center for Undergraduate Advising
The University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) is the primary advising center for:
- Undeclared Students and those interested in exploring major options or identifying a new major,
- information about University policy relating to major declaration,
- students seeking assistance in creating a strategy to return to good academic standing after being placed on academic probation,
- information about reinstatement to the University after academic disqualification,
- GenExcel program participants,
- Long Beach College Promise 2.0 participants,
- information about the University's Beach Pledge program.
UCUA is now open for in-person drop-in advising and appointments. Academic advisors can also be reached via email or using Zoom.
Drop-in advising is available for currently enrolled students who are undeclared, students who are interested in exploring a different major, students who are on academic probation, or students who are seeking reinstatement.
Hours of availability and a Zoom link can be found to the right of this message or found below on a mobile device. Drop-in advising sessions are typically limited to a maximum of 15 minutes.
Students should have their ID number ready to provide to the screener when visiting the Zoom waiting room or visiting the Center in person. The University's COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire (HSQ) must be completed prior to visiting the Center in-person and face coverings secured over both the nose and mouth are required when inside University facilities.
Location: Shakarian Student Success Center, Room 140 (SSSC-140)