Lynn is an industry professional and educator dedicated to sharing the artistic and creative process with students of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. She has been an Adjunct Lecturer and Instructor of various Animation courses at Cal State Long Beach, the UCLA Film School, Woodbury University, and CalArts. As a Teaching Artist in Residence with The Music Center in Los Angeles County and The Segerstrom Center's Arts Teach program in Orange County, she creates animation and media arts workshops (K-12) that make connections to social-emotional learning and to subjects across the curriculum from language arts and social studies, to the STEAM curriculum.
Her industry work includes animation, visual effects, puppetry, design, and mixed media projects for Disney, Shadow Machine, Secret Plan Studios, National Geographic, and the Science Channel among others.
Professional Portfolio: www.lynnokimura.com
- MFA in Animation - UCLA School of Film, TV & Digital Media, 2005
- Industry: 2D & Digital Animation & Media Arts/Filmmaking;
- Education: University Teaching; Teaching Artistry & Arts Integration curriculum for K-12 schools and programs to increase art experiences in underserved communities.
- Earned the title of Master Teaching Artist with The Music Center Los Angeles - reached hundreds of students and teachers with programs that integrate animation into K-12 classroom curriculum.
- Independent and Industry Animator/Filmmaker for over 15 years.