Master of Science Accountancy is for students and professionals who want to advance and develop their accounting knowledge in auditing, financial statement analysis, corporate governance, forensic accounting, and taxation required to meet the requirements for CPA licensure.
Applicants to this program must possess either a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy from an accredited university OR a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, and accounting coursework equivalent to the current CSULB catalog. The student must have a GPA of 3.0 in the required Accounting courses listed below:
- Intermediate Accounting I & II (equivalent to CSULB ACCT 300A and ACCT 300B)
- Federal Taxation (equivalent to CSULB ACCT 351)
- Auditing (equivalent to CSULB ACCT 470)
Applicants may also satisfy the prerequisites at local community colleges. View a class comparison chart (pdf) of acceptable courses from other local colleges and universities.
- Small to medium class sizes (25-35)
- Dedicated program advisors that work with you through your program
- CPA Test preparation package integrated into program
- Opportunity for membership in Beta Alpha Psi, Accounting Society, and ALPFA organizations for industry interaction
- Get to know faculty, fellow students, and alumni of the program
- Develop skills needed to hit the ground running in the program:
- Teams and team-based learning
- Harvard case discussion method
- Enhance Excel skills
Graduate Business Career Services
- Online Career Assessment with Career Leader software helps you clarify your goals.
- Customized 1-on-1 career coaching.
- Mock interviews to improve interviewing skills.
- Resume coaching and Resume Book, which exposes your resume to hundreds of potential employers.
- Mentorship program matches you with alumni from our business community.
- Company visits to introduce you to potential employers.
- To learn more, visit our Graduate Business Career Services
Both Fall and Spring Admittance. Please review Admission Information for General Application Requirements for the program.