After students receive their official offer of admission, there still are important steps to be taken to prepare to enroll at CSU Long Beach!
1. Accept Your Admission Offer and Submit Enrollment Deposit
Activate Your New CSULB Account
To accept your admission offer, you will need to activate your new CSULB account.
- Go to the CSULB Password Utility and select Next.
- Then, enter your new CSULB email address (found in your acceptance email) and follow the instructions to set the password for your account.
- To set your password, you will need to confirm that it’s really you logging in by getting a verification code through a phone call or text message. (The phone number will be the one you used in your Cal State Apply application.)
This frameset document contains:
Log in to Student Center to Accept Your Offer
Once you have set your password, log in to CSULB Single Sign-On and select Student Center (MyCSULB). In the Admissions section, select “Accept/Decline.”
To accept your admission online, you must either qualify for the waiver or pay the enrollment deposit via MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or electronic check. If you qualify for a deposit waiver, the online process will automatically notify you. For timely processing, we strongly suggest you submit your admission acceptance and enrollment deposit online via your MyCSULB Student Center. You will receive immediate confirmation that your acceptance and deposit have been accepted.
Remember, your response is due no later than May 1 for Fall!
2. Satisfy the Terms of Your Admission Offer
Most offers of admission are provisional, and admission requirements must be met or the offer will be rescinded. For more information on provisional admission, visit the application process.
3. Apply for Housing
Be sure to review the First-Year Housing Intention information.
4. Participate in Early Start (If Applicable)
Most students needing developmental (remedial) coursework in English and math must participate during the summer. See Early Start for detailed information.
5. Submit Final Transcripts
- Final Transcripts are due by July 15!
6. Review Costs and Financial Aid Options
Visit the Financial Aid website for detailed costs and funding options available.
7. Attend Orientation (SOAR)
Reserve your place for a Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) Workshop.
8. Set Up Your CSULB Email
CSULB students are required to maintain a CSULB email address on file with the university and to check their email regularly, as the university uses email as the official means of communication. If you haven’t already done so, log in to your BeachMail account using your CSULB email address and password.
You can set up your CSULB account password by visiting the CSULB Password Utility. You’ll use your account to access other computing services, including MyCSULB Student Center, beachnet+ wireless, and BeachBoard.
9. Learn about MyCSULB, BeachBoard, and Beach Connect
As a CSULB student, you’ll have access to online tools that will help you meet your educational goals:
- MyCSULB Student Center is your online center for class registration, financial aid awards, and personalized student account information.
- BeachBoard is CSULB’s online learning environment that includes online course catalogs, virtual classrooms, resources and more.
- Beach Connect is CSULB’s mobile app for students. Beach Connect allows you to keep track of important to-dos and upcoming deadlines and make appointments with your advisors and other support resources.
You can access MyCSULB Student Center and Beach Connect through CSULB Single Sign-On. Take some time to learn about these online tools, as you will be using them often during your time at CSULB:
10. Directed Self-Placement Survey (if applicable)
To ensure the most accurate placement in Fall, prior to attending a SOAR session, incoming students should complete a Directed Self-Placement assessment. The Directed Self-Placement or DSP assessment will provide you with a series of questions to determine what English courses you should take in the fall. If you received the notification regarding DSP, please complete the Directed Self-Placement Survey beginning May 15th. Once completed, you will receive the results informing you what courses you should plan to complete in the fall.
If required, make sure to complete the survey before you attend SOAR this summer so you may review your results with your SOAR advisor.
All incoming CSULB students are required to complete a series of mandatory immunizations prior to registrations. To learn more about this requirement, please visit our Student Health Services website for more information.