The Circulation Desk is located near the Library entrance. Go here to:
- Register to borrow library materials (be sure to bring your current University ID card).
- Check out and return library materials.
- Renew materials if allowed. (See grid below. If renewal is allowed, renew online by logging into "My Account" in OneSearch.)
- Inquire about books you were unable to locate on the shelves (Search / Item Not on Shelf).
- Inquire about lost personal items (Lost and Found).
Borrowing Terms for User Groups
|User Group||Loan Period: Books||Renewals Allowed: Books||Loan Period: Media||Renewals Allowed: Media||Circulation Limits †|
|CSULB Students||16 weeks||0||30 days||0||50|
|CSULB Faculty and Staff||1 year||unlimited||30 days||0||100|
|CSULB TAs and GAs||1 year||unlimited||30 days||0||100|
|CSU Students||16 weeks||0||30 days||0||10|
|CSU Faculty and Staff||16 weeks||0||30 days||0||10|
|CSU Alumni||21 days||4||1 week||1||10|
|Community College Students/Faculty/Staff||21 days||4||1 week||1||10|
|High School Faculty/Librarians/Students||21 days||4||1 week||1||10|
|Community Borrowers||21 days||4||1 week||1||4|
|† Including items obtained via Interlibrary Services.|
Borrowing Terms for eBooks
Reading availability and borrowing ability varies depending upon the license purchased. Some ebooks may only be read in a web browser via the provider’s web platform. Others may be downloaded and read offline using Adobe Digital Editions for loans of 48 hours or 21 days. Reading and borrowing of ebooks is available to current CSULB students, faculty, and staff. All other user groups may only access ebooks in a web browser from the on-campus network; offline/download options are not available for community borrowers.
Entire ebooks are not obtainable through Interlibrary Services; two chapters from an ebook may be requested via BeachReach.
Borrowing Terms for Interlibrary Services
|Interlibrary Services||Loan Period: Books||Renewals Allowed: Books||Loan Period: Media||Renewals Allowed: Media|
|CSU+||16 Weeks||0||16 Weeks||0|
|BeachReach||set by lending library||0||set by lending library||0|
You may use OneSearch, the CSULB Library catalog, to log in to "My Account" and Renew Books. When viewing "My Account" you can determine what materials are checked out to you, renew items checked out to you, and see what materials are on hold for you. If you need materials not available at CSULB, you have several options.
Borrowed materials (except those borrowed through BeachReach, or LINK+) may be returned at any of the seven library book bins on campus. The map below shows the location of those book drops.
- Beach Drive across from Residence Housing (RH2)
- University Music Center Area
- State and East Campus Drive Turnaround (near the Science Building)
- South Turnaround between Education and Macintosh Buildings
- Two book drops at the Library entrance