CSU+ resumed November 9th, 2020 - Faculty and Students can now request books from other CSU campuses through OneSearch and pick them up via the locker system in front of the library with a 2-3 week wait time.
Locker Pickup new service October 2, 2020 - Faculty and Students can check out our books through OneSearch request and "locker" pickup (Pick up will take place at the front of the library) See details below.
The Library building is closed as of Saturday March 21 until further notice. All online services are available.
Three Bookdrops are currently open, the two return bins in front of the library and the one at the south turnaround (near the McIntosh building). CSU+ books can also be returned in the bookdrops. Please note: books will be “checked in” once a week, so you may not see it reflected in your library account right away.
If you need to return your book and won't be back to campus, you can mail your book to:Circulation
CSU Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840
If you need help with returning books, due dates and/or fines, please contact: email@example.com
- Chat with a Librarian
- Email your question
- Text your question: 562.286.6857
- Contact specific Librarians directly
- Main Library Phone: 562.985.8472
Some publishers have offered some availability of their content, free on a short-term basis. New resources will be added to the library catalog as they are made available. (See Sources for an Online Environment)
The Library offers “locker” pickup of library books for faculty, staff and students.
- Items may be requested from the stacks through the following procedure:
- Sign in to OneSearch and find the titles you need.
- If the item is available, you will see the “Request item for pickup from University Library” button. Click on the button to submit your request.
- For titles with multiple volumes, place a request for each volume needed.
- There is a limit of 5 active requests.
- Circulation Staff will process your request(s) within 3 business days.
- You will receive an email notification from CSULB Library Circulation when your item has been processed and checked out to you.
- Your items will be placed in the CSULB Library Luxer One Lockers for contactless delivery.
- After your item is placed in the lockers, you will receive a second email from Luxer One with a code and instructions on how to access the lockers.
- Check your junk or spam folders for these emails if they are not in your inbox.
- Items will be held in the lockers for 4 days and you may pick them up any time, evenings and weekends included.
- The lockers are located in front of the library’s main entrance.
- If you have any questions about the request procedure or about the lockers, email Circulation Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voice message at (562) 985-5512.
- CSU+ is now available, with wait times of 2-3 weeks. CSU+ books can be returned in the library dropboxes.
- There is currently no access to browse the physical book stacks, or checking out physical items on reserve.
- Library instruction is available in coordination with individual faculty and their librarians.
- Library instruction may include email/chat consultations, research assignments developed by librarians and faculty together, instructional videos posted on the web and/or zoom meetings.