Tuition and Fees: Payment Methods

CSULB accepts the following forms of payment:

Payment Method Instructions
Check or Money Order
Personal Check, Cashiers Check or Money Order
  • ​Payable to: California State University, Long Beach (CSULB)
  • Mail to: Cashier's Office, BH-148, 1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach CA 90840-0103 (Please allow 10 business days to process).
  • The University is not responsible for delayed or lost mail via U.S. Postal Service.
  • Payable in $USD and must be written in blue or black ink.
E-Check (Electronic Check)
  • Payments can be made via MyCSULB.
  • Have banking information ready (account and routing numbers).
Credit Card
SmartPay for Credit Cards (Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Visa)
  • Payments can be made via MyCSULB.
  • The university has contracted with TRANSACT SmartPay to accept credit card payments. SmartPay charges a 2.65% service charge on all payment transactions. There is no convenience fee to pay by E-Check at MyCSULB or in person with an ATM/debit, check, money order, or cash.
Foreign Currency
  • Payments can be made via MyCSULB by selecting "Pay with foreign currency" at checkout.
  • International payments are processed by CONVERA.
  • Payees will have 72 hours to complete their transaction to secure the conversion rate given at the time.

Explore additional payment options and assistance programs below:

Instruct Plan to Include the Following:

  • Make checks payable to CSULB, not the beneficiary
  • Include the name and/or the student ID number
  • Mail to: California State University, Long Beach

Attn: Cashier’s Office BH 148
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd 
Long Beach, CA 90840

*Funds received in excess of the amount due will not be accepted and may be returned to the savings plan. 

More information on 529 Plans, please contact Cashier’s Office at

Students who are participating in the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program can find additional information about tuition rates in the Per-Unit Tuition Costs for the Military Student Tuition Assistance Program policy.

The CSULB Financial Aid and Scholarships team is here to support you with resources and tools that may help you apply for aid and fund your educational goals. Learn more via Financial Aid and Scholarships.

California residents who are age 60 years or older may attend classes at CSULB by applying and completing admission via the Older Adult Degree Program. Through this pathway, qualifying applicants may see greatly reduced fees but still must complete general university requirements for admission, registration, and enrollment.

Payment Plan contracts are offered to assist students with paying tuition and fees by dividing tuition and fees into equal payments. Payment Plans are online at your MyCSULB Student Center under Finances/Enroll in Payment Plan.

A non-refundable $33.00 administrative fee is charged for participation in each Basic and Non-Resident Payment Plan, and is included as a part of the first installment payment. Once you enroll in a payment plan, changes to your academic load, subsequent fee increases or new charges may affect the amount of your payments which are not necessarily distributed evenly. It is your responsibility to check your account for any such changes.

The Payment plan does not cover some fees, such as library fines or tuition from a previous term. These fees will need to be paid prior to enrollment in a Payment plan. It is the student's responsibility to check their MyCSULB account to ensure the Payment Plan is successfully enrolled and to verify due dates. For additional questions, contact Student Account Services at 562.985.5471. 

If a company or organization wishes to pay your fees, a sponsorship agreement and authorization of services must be received, prior to registration by Student Account Services. Submit a sponsorship inquiry.

If your sponsor does not pay some or all of your fees, it is your responsibility to pay or your classes may be canceled, a financial hold placed on your record and services withheld until fees are paid.

If you are a veteran or dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible for financial assistance for your higher education. For more information, go to Veterans' Affairs Services or the Veterans Affairs Office, Foundation Building 265, or call 562.985.5115.