Older Adult Degree Program (60+)
California residents who are age 60 years or older may attend classes at CSULB by applying and completing admission via the Older Adult Degree Program. Through this pathway, qualifying applicants may see greatly reduced fees but still must complete general university requirements for admission, registration, and enrollment.
Explore the resources below to learn more and get started:
- Must be a California Resident
- At least 60 years of age or older
- Interest in taking state-supported classes (not through the College of Professional and Continuing Education) at CSULB
- Never previously attended CSULB
- Submit an application via CalStateApply and be admitted to a degree-seeking program
Former CSULB Students:
Visit the Readmission page to learn more about the different admission pathways for returning to The Beach!
Important Deadlines: Stay on top of important Enrollment Services deadlines--including application dates, tuition and fee reminders, when to register for classes, and more--by regularly visiting Key Dates and Deadlines.
Steps to Apply to the Older Adult Degree Program (60+):
- Complete an application to CSULB via CalStateApply
- If accepted, you will be notified by email
- Formally accept your offer of Admission by the indicated deadline
- Connect with Student Financial Services* to determine payment options for students age 60+
- Register for classes!
*Students must be formally admitted to the university before connecting with Student Financial Services
For support with applying to the Older Adult Degree Program, contact the Office of Admissions by submitting a help ticket or making an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
The OSHER Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) offers a wide variety of courses to students age 50 years and up There is no academic prerequisite for admission or to participate in classes; just a desire to learn! The OLLI is a part of the College of Health and Human Services and has its own unique admissions process. Individuals do not need to apply to the university to participate in these classes.
Explore the OLLI website to learn more about membership, classes, registration, and more.
The CSULB College of Professional & Continuing Education (CPaCE) offers a offers a diverse range of degrees, professional development certificates, and courses. Students interested in participating in CPaCE courses and programs do not need to formally apply to the university.
Learn more about the College of Professional and Continuing Education.
California State University, Long Beach looks forward to assisting you with your academic goals!
- Older Adult Degree Program (60+) and the steps to apply: Contact the Office of Admissions
- OLLI (50+) and the steps to apply: Contact OLLI
- CPaCE courses and programs: Contact CPaCE
- Tuition and Fees: Contact Student Financial Services