CSULB Study Abroad Programs
To maximize your study abroad experience, think about where you want to study and how you plan to incorporate these experiences into your studies. Explore these options:
Study abroad at one of CSULB’s university partners for a semester or year.
Study abroad with a CSULB professor in Costa Rica, Florence, or London for a semester.
CSU International Programs
Study abroad through one of the CSU IP systemwide programs for a year or semester.
- View our CSULB Study Abroad brochure.
- Learn what previous study abroad students had to say about how classes abroad differed from CSULB classes.
- View video highlights of how previous study abroad students selected their program destination. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- View a video highlighting what previous study abroad students had to say about their housing.
Consider the questions below as you explore the available study abroad options to find programs suitable for your area of study, geographic interests, and career goals.
- Do you have a specific subject area (major/minor) that you want to focus on while abroad
- How much time do you want to spend abroad?
- How does studying abroad fit into your degree completion requirements?
- Does the program have language requirements? If so, do you meet the requirements?
- Is obtaining academic credit important or do you want to go mainly for the experience or to explore family roots?
- What countries, cultures, and languages interest you?
- Are there events or issues happening in the location that intrigue you and that you would like to learn more about?
- What is your budget?
- Are you in need of financial assistance to help finance your program?
- Are you interested in participating in an internship or service learning opportunity abroad?
- What will boost résumé and/or graduate school applications?