Apply for F-1 Visa
After receiving your CSULB form I-20, follow the steps below to apply for an F-1 visa:
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee (online)
All prospective F-1 students are required to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee.
- Print a copy of your payment confirmation.
- Take your SEVIS fee payment confirmation for your visa interview. Carry the SEVIS fee payment confirmation along with your visa when entering the U.S.
- Apply for an F-1 Visa
- Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website for information about applying for an F-1 visa. You can also find your nearest embassy or consulate by visiting the U.S. Embassy website.
- After receiving your F-1 visa, check it for accuracy.
- Make sure that you have digital and hard copies of all your documents when preparing to travel.
- Carry the SEVIS fee payment confirmation along with your visa when entering the U.S.