Our program is designed to explore the business, societal, and ethical dimensions of the business organization.
- The first-year focuses on the core business curriculum that introduces the student to entrepreneurship and innovation.
- A 3-unit Career preparation course intended to help students be well prepared to get an internship during their first summer
- Second-year of the program, we integrate entrepreneurship and innovation throughout the curriculum.
- You will have the opportunity to compete in the Innovation Challenge and to learn firsthand how to develop a business idea in the Beach Incubator.
- We offer you the opportunity to participate as a consultant or to be part of an innovation team.
- During winter break, we will do some entrepreneurial fieldwork in a study abroad format.
See the university catalog for the class description
FALL (Year 1)
MKTG 500 - Marketing Concepts*
ACCT 500 - Financial Accounting*
HRM 652 - Seminar in Human Resources Management
IS 601 - Quantitative Methods for Managerial Decision Making
2 UNIT Career Development Course**
WINTER (Year 1)
SPRING (Year 1)
ACCT 610 – Managerial Accounting and Control
FIN 501 – Financial Management Concepts*
IS 602 – Management of Information Systems
MKTG 661 - Seminar in Marketing Policies
1 UNIT Career Development Course**
SUMMER (Year 1)
The Internship experience is required in your first summer session.
- The internship is between 20 and 40 hours per week, paid or unpaid.
- This is an opportunity to learn more about the industry/company that you are interested in and get some work experience.
- Internships can be in southern California or anywhere else in the United States.
- Students do not have classes during the summer so that they can focus on getting some industry experience.
- This also will prepare international students to apply for their OPT the following year.
- The objective of the program and this internship is for every student to have an offer in hand by graduation.
FALL (Year 2)
In the second year of the program, all the courses are focused on entrepreneurship and innovation. Students will be involved in the Beach Incubator program and develop a business plan around a new product or service. They will compete in the Innovation Challenge and the winner of the IC competition wins $50,000 in cash and in-kind services.