Questions Regarding Health and Safety
What are the safety measures in place to keep employees and shoppers safe?
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and campus community. Our staff are working hard to ensure that we are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. To learn more about our safety measures please visit our Health and Safety page.
Questions Regarding ID Cards
How do I get my student ID?
In order to promote social distancing, the process to obtain a campus ID card is now online. Please refere to the ID Card Services page for instructions about how to obtain your card.
Please contact the ID Card Office at (562) 985-7388 or by email at IDCard@CSULB.edu if you have any questions or need any additional information.
The ID Card Office is located on the 2nd flor of the University Bookstore. The most up-to-date hours of operation can be found on the Where to Eat and Shop page.
Questions Regarding Bookstore Services
How can I purchase a textbook?
- You can shop online at shopthebeach.com. Students can also purchase textbooks directly from their My CSULB account, by clicking on your schedule, then clicking on My Textbooks.
- We are shipping orders daily, Monday through Friday. We are also offering in-store pickup. Please refer to our shipping information page for details.
Can I return a purchased textbook?
- Please review our refund guidelines and applicable deadlines. The deadline to return textbooks for Fall 2020 was Saturday September 5th.
- Textbooks and merchandise can be returned in the Bookstore or by mail. Returns must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt and be postmarked before the return deadline. Please contact us at Bookstore@CSULB.edu if you need information to ship back textbooks or merchandise for a refund.
Does the Bookstore offer curbside pick-up as an option?
The Bookstore is offering in-store pickup on most orders; please refer to our shipping information page for details. We currently offer curbside pick-up for computer purchase, by appointment only.
How can I return a textbook I rented from the Bookstore?
Currently, you may return rented textbooks in-person at the University Bookstore or by mail. Please visit the Rental Returns page for more information about returning rented textbooks.
How can I sell my textbooks back?
Our online textbook buyback program is quick and easy; we even offer free shipping to send your books back.
Sell back books you bought, regardless of where you bought them from!
Is my order ready?
A confirmation email is sent when an order is first placed. Another email is sent when the order is ready for pickup or is about to be shipped. Please be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder if you have not received your emails.
How to cancel an item or an entire order?
An item/order may be cancelled if we receive a notice with adequate time to prevent it from being processed. Please email FNS-Orders@csulb.edu with order number and what item to cancel, or come to the Bookstore’s Book Information counter to fill out the cancel form.
Questions Regarding DOR and Veterans Accounts
How to order course materials, supplies, and/or technology with funds from a DOR or Veterans account
Our goal is to make the acquisition of your course materials and supplies as easy as possible. Please visit the DOR And Veterans Accounts page for information on ordering course materials, supplies, and/or technology with your DOR or Veterans account funds.
Questions Regarding Cap and Gowns
The campus announced that Commencement is being postponed until further notice. Can I return my cap and gown?
- Commencement has only temporarily been postponed, we encourage students to keep their cap and gowns for commencement, pictures and family mementos. To place orders visit www.balfour.com/csulb.
- If students would like to return their cap and gown, they must be in the original package.
- To return cap and gowns, please call Balfour customer service at (800) 433-0296.