Questions Regarding Health and Safety
What are the safety measures in place to keep employees and shoppers safe?
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and campus community. Our staff are working hard to ensure that we are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. To learn more about our safety measures please visit our Health and Safety page.
Questions Regarding ID Cards
How do I get my student ID?
In order to promote social distancing, the process to obtain a campus ID card is now online. Incoming students will receive an email with instructions after completing SOAR.
For other students who need to obtain an ID card, or if you need a replacement card or additional information, please contact the ID Card Office at (562) 985-7388 or email us at IDCard@CSULB.edu.
The ID Card Office is located inside the University Bookstore, and is open Monday - Friday from 11am to 3pm.
Questions Regarding Bookstore Services
How can I purchase a textbook??
- You can shop online at shopthebeach.com. Students can also purchase textbooks directly from their My CSULB account, by clicking on your schedule, then clicking on My Textbooks.
- We are shipping orders daily. We are also offering free shipping on most orders during our closure. Please refer to our shipping information page for details.
- Please note that the Bookstore will reopen for in-store shopping beginning Monday,July 6th.
Can I return a purchased textbook?
Textbook purchases can no longer be returned. Unfortunately they are past our return dates, per our normal refund policy.
Does the Bookstore offer curbside pick-up as an option?
The Bookstore is offering free ground shipping on most orders; please refer to our shipping information page for details. We currently offer curbside pick-up for computer purchase, by appointment only.
How can I return a textbook I rented from the Bookstore?
Due to the impact of Covid-19, we are operating to ensure the health and safety of our staff and students.
We have provided two social distancing methods for you to return your rentals.
How can I sell my textbooks back?
Our online textbook buyback program is quick and easy; we even offer free shipping to send your books back.
Sell back books you bought, regardless of where you bought them from!
Questions Regarding DOR and Veterans Accounts
How to order course materials, supplies, and/or technology with funds from a DOR or Veterans account
Our goal is to make the acquisition of your course materials and supplies as easy as possible. Please see the document link below for information on ordering course materials, supplies, and/or technology with your DOR or Veterans account funds.
Questions Regarding Cap and Gowns
The campus announced that Commencement is being postponed until further notice. Can I return my cap and gown?
- Commencement has only temporarily been postponed, we encourage students to keep their cap and gowns for commencement, pictures and family mementos. To place orders visit www.balfour.com/csulb.
- If students would like to return their cap and gown, they must be in the original package.
- To return cap and gowns, please call Balfour customer service at (800) 433-0296.