Policy and Guidelines
The purpose of this policy is to provide a set of guidelines regarding the appropriate use of the Innovation Space (I-Space).
This policy applies to all students, faculty, and staff.
University Library, Lower Level, Room 005
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
- The I-Space services are for all CSULB students, faculty, and staff.
- The I-Space services are for educational purposes only.
- I-Space services can be requested using the Innovation Space Service Request Form.
- All projects are processed on a first-come basis and are subject to room and machine availability.
- All files and projects are reviewed before approval by the I-Space staff. Proof of class assignments from appropriate faculty may be required.
- Please check in to the I-Space in room LIB 005 at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment for all services.
- Please contact the I-Space if you are more than 15 minutes late to avoid the cancellation of your appointment.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel your appointment no later than the day prior to your scheduled appointment date to free up the timeslot.
3D Printing Policy
- The Innovation Space technology may only be used for educational and lawful purposes. All patrons are not permitted to use the technology to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or pose an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, reproduction of material that is subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection is prohibited.
- Used for commercial purposes.
- Large print jobs that take over 24 hours to complete will not be accepted.
- There are many factors that can cause a delay in printing; therefore, the estimated print time is not guaranteed.
- Items printed from the I-Space 3D printers that are not picked up within 7 days will become property of the I-Space.
- The I-Space reserves the right to decline any 3D print requests.
- Patrons will be notified if their request has been declined.
Information Sharing and Communication:
Any personal data collected is strictly for internal use only to facilitate the processing of files and communication with designers. No personal user information or data will be shared with third parties.
- All finishing processes are the responsibility of the designer.
- Finishing processes are not to be performed in the I-Space or Library.
- Designers are advised to exercise caution when working on their projects.
- Safety glasses and proper tools/equipment should be used when finishing and post-processing projects.
Notice Concerning Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Restrictions:
The U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the making of copies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The designer or person using the service is liable for any infringement.