Family PACT- Planning, Access, Care And Treatment
Family PACT is a program through the state of California that provides free family planning and services to low-income individuals who do not have health insurance or who need to keep their services confidential.
Because Family PACT is part of Medicaid (Medi-CAL in California), those who have Medi-CAL insurance coverage are ineligible for Family PACT because these services are already covered through Medi-CAL.
The following are covered through Family PACT:
- Free Birth Control
- The Birth Control Pill
- Nexplanon Implant
- Intrauterine Contraceptive (IUC)
- Depo Provera Shot
- Free Reproductive Health Services
- STI testing and treatment
- Reproductive Health Exams including Pelvic Exam, Pap Test, and Colposcopy
- Plan B/ Emergency Contraception
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- HIV testing
- Testing and treatment for Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) and vaginal complaints
- Basic sexual & reproductive health visits
To see if you qualify, call 562.985.4771 to schedule a 10 minute enrollment eligibility appointment. Family PACT is valid for one year from the date of enrollment and must be renewed annually.
Always remember to bring your Family PACT card with you to the Student Health Services.
You can choose to use the Student Health Services on-site pharmacy or use an outside pharmacy, whichever is more convenient for you.
If you have any questions, please call the Student Health Services at 562.985.4771 or use the button on the right to access the Contact form.