Mandatory Check-In for F-1 International Students
Students with a brand new CSULB form I-20 must complete the Online Immigration Check-In for their to release their Check-In Hold and meet F-1 reporting requirements with the Department of Homeland Security. Failure to complete the check-in may result in being disenrolled from classes.
Online Check-In Procedures
Go to your MyCSULB Account and enter your current:
- U.S. Mailing Address
- Telephone number
- Home email (your campus email will be the student csulb.edu account)
This information must be updated and accurate to have your visa registered with the government immigration system.
Learn more: Using MyCSULB Personal Information.
Save clear images of these immigration documents as a JPG or PDF file on your device:
- F-1 Visa page
- Most recent entry stamp or I-94 recent electronic record (saved as a PDF or JPEG file)
- Copy of CSULB form I-20 pages 1 and 2 with your signature
Deadline for Fall 2023: September 1, 2023
The online Check-in Self-Assessment will prompt you to watch videos, answer review questions, and upload immigration documents at the end of the completed assessment:
- Unacceptable documentation: small, blurry, incomplete, or incorrect U.S. contact information
- Unsigned form I-20 (page 1)
You will be notified to re-submit documents if necessary. If you do not complete this check-in process, you may be disenrolled from courses.
The clearance of check-in holds will take up to 3 business days.